Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-05-2021, 10:00 PM   #141
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

DOOM!
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 05:30 AM   #142
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Doom View Post
DOOM!
Well said, and I have to say despite everything, I fully agree with this train of thought and I’m happy about it.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 07:35 AM   #143
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I really have high hopes for this Maquette.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 09:48 AM   #144
Chester
Mephisto

Every time I see a new post here, I get excited thinking there will be reveal pictures. And every time I open the thread, I'm disappointed there aren't any ;(
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 09:53 AM   #145
adee
Green Arrow

This in my most anticipated piece. Unfortunately I will need him to fit a height restriction so I'm sure he'll be on a castle that's 30 inches tall.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 10:07 AM   #146
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post
Every time I see a new post here, I get excited thinking there will be reveal pictures. And every time I open the thread, I'm disappointed there aren't any ;(
And to think that one day you're gonna come to thread and see him in all his glory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
This in my most anticipated piece. Unfortunately I will need him to fit a height restriction so I'm sure he'll be on a castle that's 30 inches tall.
If he's done right are you gonna let a 30" stop you from becoming a onwer of the piece?
Old 06-07-2021, 10:26 AM   #147
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
If he's done right are you gonna let a 30" stop you from becoming a onwer of the piece?
30" will stop a lot of folks, he wouldn't fit in the majority of display cases. Plus it wouldn't be SS style to make Doom 30" tall, especially if they didn't make the last Galactus over 30" tall.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 10:33 AM   #148
IronLungs31

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
30" will stop a lot of folks, he wouldn't fit in the majority of display cases. Plus it wouldn't be SS style to make Doom 30" tall, especially if they didn't make the last Galactus over 30" tall.
I agree with you 100%. I can't see Sideshow making him over 24" considering that he's only 6'7", when in armour. Qtr. scale size suggest that he should only be 19.75" tall anyways.
Old 06-07-2021, 02:22 PM   #149
pdenham
Teen Titans

Sideshow probably won't do it because they usually go minimalist with their bases, but what I would love to see is a Doom on a parapet or castle ledge, gesturing to his populace below, with part of the castle wall behind him.
That gives the statue a foreground (stone, gargoyles, etc), middle ground (Doom himself) and background (the castle wall) that would seriously evoke the sense of place.

This is similar to what IS did for their Daredevil. Placed above eye level, the vertical orientation- emphasized by the taller, relatively narrow background panel- gives it a strong feeling of extended height, even though it comes in at a very modest 23" tall.
Having the character focusing downward helps sell that feeling of height as well.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 02:31 PM   #150
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
Yes, easily. If I can't fit it I won't buy it.

30 inches was an exaggeration but even 25 would be pushing it for me. I just hope it isn't excessively tall.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote