Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 11-02-2023, 11:32 PM   #141
BraveStar
Frackin!

MOTU so far

I will say despite the she-ra face disaster I am loving this collection. Stratos and Mer-man are the standouts for me so far. I have Hordak and Sorceress on the way. I even like Evil-Lyn better than I thought I would from pictures. Her skin tone is a bit strange but the cotton candy swirls as someone else called them are actually a transparent pink unlike the promo pics and look better in person.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6647A34A-3182-49C0-868C-AA76ACAE1EA2.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	165673  
BraveStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 10:32 AM   #142
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveStar View Post
I am totally with you who have mentioned She-ra?s face. It is just the biggest disappointment for what otherwise would have been just a stunning masterpiece. A real dream come true piece for any She-ra fan. But they have ignored fan feedback here and left this awful sculpt! I?m just stunned. Her face is gorgeous on the one of her by herself I just can?t begin to understand why they wouldn?t at least have it somewhat similar to this one.
Exactly why it makes it so much more frustrating. Stand-alone She-Ra is stunning and looks like a woman. And the sword is proportionate to her as well. Instead the She-Ra on Swiftwind looks like a child playing dress-up. Total fail and disappointment.

Also, I agree with you, the rest of the collection looks great!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 08:31 PM   #143
BraveStar
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Exactly why it makes it so much more frustrating. Stand-alone She-Ra is stunning and looks like a woman. And the sword is proportionate to her as well. Instead the She-Ra on Swiftwind looks like a child playing dress-up. Total fail and disappointment.

Also, I agree with you, the rest of the collection looks great!
Like I see some of these spot on and amazing sculpts coming out from Iron Studios on several of their licenses and with She Ra on Swiftwind it?s like they let the newbie sculptor on the team have play time learning how to do a face sculpt for the first time. Like WHAT happened? Her face comes across as so lazy and amateur in comparison to a lot of other pieces they are producing. I have 0% hope it?s getting modified this late in the game despite the outcries from fans. Holding onto hope Tweeterhead does one in their 1/6 line!!
Old 11-11-2023, 11:08 AM   #144
aadroban
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveStar View Post
I will say despite the she-ra face disaster I am loving this collection. Stratos and Mer-man are the standouts for me so far. I have Hordak and Sorceress on the way. I even like Evil-Lyn better than I thought I would from pictures. Her skin tone is a bit strange but the cotton candy swirls as someone else called them are actually a transparent pink unlike the promo pics and look better in person.
Great pic! Mer-Man looks way better than I expected. Might try to track him down. I do have the She-Ra/Swift Wind on pre-order. Face is not a dealbreaker for me . . I think the statue overall looks really nice and will anchor my display area with Skeletor on throne and deluxe He-Man. Hoping to see Clawful and Buzz-Off added to this line soon.
aadroban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 07:52 PM   #145
BraveStar
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadroban View Post
Great pic! Mer-Man looks way better than I expected. Might try to track him down. I do have the She-Ra/Swift Wind on pre-order. Face is not a dealbreaker for me . . I think the statue overall looks really nice and will anchor my display area with Skeletor on throne and deluxe He-Man. Hoping to see Clawful and Buzz-Off added to this line soon.
I went ahead and pre-ordered her too. Despite all my complaining about the face overall I just still have to have it!! I really hope they continue this line with more characters! I would love to see Two-bad!!
Old 11-16-2023, 02:28 AM   #146
KELPIE
New Republic

Well if we're posting wants...

I'm here for Roboto, Sy-Klone and Spikor.

Though there's plenty of others I'd be excited for.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 08:06 PM   #147
BraveStar
Frackin!

He-man and Battle Cat 1/10

Hmmm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	81F40DC8-313B-443B-8E01-9FEB72AF1879.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	166257  
Old 11-30-2023, 08:15 PM   #148
qz33
Baron Zemo

Cool but I don't like it.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 08:43 PM   #149
SONICobra
Batman

Everything from the neck down looks good except for battle cats eyes which should be solid glowing yellow
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 09:11 PM   #150
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Pretty big piece..

Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote