Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-14-2019, 08:16 AM   #141
hordeall
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vKevinnn View Post
I don’t get it this seems to be a very niche version of the character based on a lowkey comic. I understand the statue is executed flawlessly but really surprised by the universal praise considering bermejos work hasn’t had a story to par with the art. I mean I just read the joker for the first time and it was incredibly meh. I wonder when damned will be collected and if it will be censored or if it’s worth reading?
Huh?

Damned sold a ---- ton of copies and is pretty popular. I admit I am not a fan of his art style myself but this series is selling very nicely.
hordeall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 10:08 AM   #142
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedforceKj View Post
Cover for issue 3 of Damned

Too bad there's a chance we may never get to see it.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...tman-damned-3/
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 10:14 AM   #143
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Too bad there's a chance we may never get to see it.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...tman-damned-3/
Ugh. We have WB execs meddling with SS and JL, now DC execs meddling in these "for adults" comics. I'm starting to feel anything comics related is the worst hobby ever. This should be fun, darn it!
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 02:33 PM   #144
SpeedforceKj
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueCollectin View Post
Good looking out. Although it's my least fav portrait having that option is a good plus. Hopefully it's the EX for this statue.

Haven't read the story is it worth reading?
It's been great so far outside of the delays and issues thats been caused by DC. Highly suggest reading the first two issues. and as said above, DC has canceled all orders of the final issue (#3) and delayed the book so now we must wait more for it.

Quote:
I don’t get it this seems to be a very niche version of the character based on a lowkey comic. I understand the statue is executed flawlessly but really surprised by the universal praise considering bermejos work hasn’t had a story to par with the art. I mean I just read the joker for the first time and it was incredibly meh. I wonder when damned will be collected and if it will be censored or if it’s worth reading?
My gift to you...Read these. Bermejo's work on batman is one of the best in the business (and all time in my opinion) Noel is a modern day classic Batman story that he wrote and drew. Bermejo is one of the best in the business. His Batman and Joker and have iconic look that dont need a story to to pare with with these statues.

SpeedforceKj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 11:49 PM   #145
Mac Collections
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Noel/Damned Joker Preview From the 2019 Tokyo Winter Wonder Fest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WaPqYVgBAQ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Damned Joker Thumb.png
Views:	14
Size:	863.8 KB
ID:	121020  
Mac Collections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 04:03 AM   #146
vKevinnn
A day without sunshine is like... night.

This is an amazing sculpt but I just can’t see the joker as much as I try, it’s caught between looking like heath ledger joker and normal slim joker, but not looking enough like either for me. I’m getting the Arkham one and this bermejo definitely seems to have more personality for me but for some reason I just don’t see the joker.
vKevinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 04:27 AM   #147
Glencairn
The Spirit

Quote:
This is an amazing sculpt but I just can’t see the joker as much as I try, it’s caught between looking like heath ledger joker and normal slim joker, but not looking enough like either for me. I’m getting the Arkham one and this bermejo definitely seems to have more personality for me but for some reason I just don’t see the joker.
Agreed, it's definitely very detailed piece but just not THE Joker for me, mostly because of the color scheme of his upper body clothes, reminds too much of some hobo
Glencairn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 03:58 PM   #148
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Hopefully this news about the comic series running into some issues doesn't create the possibility of the statues not being released.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 09:01 PM   #149
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Hopefully this news about the comic series running into some issues doesn't create the possibility of the statues not being released.
The book just got delayed. Not cancelled. DC wouldn't cancel a book this hot. Lee Bermejo confirmed it's still on.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 12:05 AM   #150
SONICobra
Batman

Yup saw his post as well, im planning on just picking these up when they come out in a collected edition
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote