Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 11-23-2012, 04:48 PM   #1521
Awesome
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Because Capcom is a dysfunctional company and it's only going to get worse, the people who made the company popular are long gone by now and I don't blame them for leaving. They haven't produced a good game in years, and they treat Ono like crap.
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #1522
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Jerry, 4 questions:

1) with sales now moving toward PCS direct (and the opportunities that come with it), do you think we’ll eventually see all of the New Challengers (SFII) released? Or any, for that matter (apart from Cammy)? I especially think T. Hawk would look visually interesting in mixed media with the denim attire, the pleather-like tassels on his vest pocket, and other options such as real-like feathers.

2) You've already taken the lifesize busts to the next level by having acrylic eyes, and you're making them affordable which in turn enables more ppl to dip into and continue the line (which I'm pumped about), but would you consider having a future 1:1 bust with transluscent resin, like the sideshow LSF line:
I'm not even sure if this is a new material, but (as I'm sure you're aware) it is a way of injecting life into the skin (and hair), like the layering effect hot toys gets with their figures though they use a different process involving plastic.
I guess from a manufacturing stand-point the problem is this would have a definite added cost, but I'd love to see it done on maybe just 1 release (perhaps an all human face reveal). I don't mind paying extra when it comes to props to make them something special. For example, with Sub-Zero, my mindset was if you're already paying the $ for a bust you mays well pay that bit extra for the glass eyes to really give it that something extra. I am really greatful for the glass eyes, you've done what I've always wanted to see done, that's the most important aspect on a bust IMO (and in such a cool way with them being moveable), but the transluscent resin is just a thought.

edit (11/25) - And here's a dude who just used transluscent resin for a 1:1 bust (adam west batman) - http://statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=133104

3) Are you buying the new castle grayskull playset?

4) and I swear this the only time I'll use this thread to ask such trivial questions, but were you surprised to see what happen with Opie on SOA?
Also, and there won't be any follow-up questions on this, but do you like either Dexter or Breaking Bad?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
G.Someone already asked on this forum''when can we see a sneak pic of the 1/4 Motaro statue?''Does this mean you're already working on it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
G Yes

Dude, you certainly utilise this thread but i confess I do enjoy your questions

Last edited by premium_substit; 11-23-2012 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Added questions
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #1523
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Hi, Jerry.I have a few more MK questions for you i'm hoping you can answer for me, which are= A.As you confirmed you're currently working on a motaro statue, will he be=1.From UMK3, or MK armageddon?2.Posed so that his tail is up over his head, possibly shooting his red projectile?3.Be bigger than 1/4, or smaller?Also, in terms of overall size, who's bigger, the 1/4 goro statue, or motaro?
My second line of questions are as follows=
A.If the 1/4 sub zero statue you confirmed you're working on is from MK9, will he be posed so that he is using his ice blast, in the direction of scorpion?[so that when you have them set up facing each other, it looks like they're facing each other in combat, scorpion using his harpoon, and sub zero using his ice blast].
B.As you confirmed that the 1/4 goro statue you're working on is from MK9, will he have the armour on his arms and shoulder, or will he have his traditional look?
C.As you previously mentioned that you scrapped the MK9 raiden statue you were working on, and started from scratch, how long could you say it might be until we see the new MK9 raiden statue, and will he be posed shooting lightning bolts from his fingertips?
D.Would you consider, or are you currently working on a statue of Shao Kahn sitting on his throne, and if so, which game would it be from?
E.Do you plan on making a diorama of scorpion and sub zero facing off against each other?
F.As you're currently working on statues of both goro and motaro, would it be safe to say that Kintaro would be the next''boss'' character to be made into a 1/4 statue?
G.And finally, would you consider making a 1/4 statue of onaga, the dragon king, from MK deception and MK armageddon?Cheers!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #1524
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Hello, again, Jerry.I forgot to ask, even though it might be a while before it's released, can you say if the display box for the MK9 1/4 Shao Kahn statue will be smaller than the display box for the MK9 Scorpion?[as Shao Kahn is standing up straight where Scorpion has both his arms stretched out, so i was wondering if Kahn's display box will be smaller for this reason.]Thanks!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #1525
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Hi Jerry,

In regards to your Email Lottery system....

Should we send multiple emails and keep going until we get a reply?

How will we know when ordering on Alex is over? I.E. If you didn't get one you can stop praying now lol.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #1526
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Hi Jerry,
for Alex on the 3rd, can I send one email to pre-order both variants or should I send one for the Reg and one for the EX Alex?
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #1527
darkdealx
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

It's Alex time!
darkdealx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:21 AM   #1528
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Hi Jerry I know you can't spill any beans too early, but do you think a klassic Ermac, Noob Saibot, or Smoke could be made? Will all the klassic Ninjas be made? Or more to the point - out of Ermac, Noob Saibot, and Smoke do you think any of the 3 won't get a klassic release? Reason I ask is because I was thinking about ordering a regular Scorpion, in addition to the EX, to customise if the character won't be made (though, obviously, that isn't ur responsibility)

Also when it comes to UMK3 Sub-Zero, can you please consider an umasked/alt outfit version as an EX - or even if not as the same release, later down the track, I still think that was a really cool choice being as it's technically sub-zero's brother - and that sneaked portrait looked pretty cool
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:15 AM   #1529
Jyester
Kindly Asked To Leave
Adamantium Member

With the new low ES model and direct purchase will you now pretty please release the new Darkstalkers character which you have sculpted?

3 is such an uneven number in my display !
Jyester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:39 AM   #1530
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyester View Post
With the new low ES model and direct purchase will you now pretty please release the new Darkstalkers character which you have sculpted?

3 is such an uneven number in my display !
not just the sculpted one but all of them we need all Darkstalkers
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote