Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-17-2016, 08:32 AM   #1551
el_caifan
Doh!

Hey Wes101, thanks for the tip w/ the shelf next to the hinge. Ive got my bestas just need time to setup everything.
el_caifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 08:56 AM   #1552
adee
Green Arrow

Good stuff wes! I'm glad you were able to figure out a way to make it work.

So far I have been fortunate enough to work my way around these type of issues with heights but the more pieces I get the more difficult it becomes.

It's not that I dislike pedestal bases but I wish companies would start moving away from the plus 25 inch tall pieces.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:09 AM   #1553
wes101
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_caifan View Post
Hey Wes101, thanks for the tip w/ the shelf next to the hinge. Ive got my bestas just need time to setup everything.
No problem man. Throw up some pics when your all set up.
wes101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:19 AM   #1554
wes101
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Good stuff wes! I'm glad you were able to figure out a way to make it work.

So far I have been fortunate enough to work my way around these type of issues with heights but the more pieces I get the more difficult it becomes.

It's not that I dislike pedestal bases but I wish companies would start moving away from the plus 25 inch tall pieces.
Me too but it was actually my wife who suggested it after 3 days of me losing my mind trying to fit him in she walks over and says why don't you just cut a piece here so it sits over the hindge. So much love and hate at the same time
wes101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:15 AM   #1555
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

think i posted this already, but here's THE new display from ikea to get for statues

1) It looks nice as room furniture
2) It's cheap and comes with glass doors already included
3) Advantages over besta:
- No height limitation: so you can display tall statues, one of the biggest issue with besta is the fixed height, so any tall statues wont fit or have its head right at the ceiling. There is also no dividers on the glass
- Much wider than besta at 47 inches, so you have plenty of room to adjust how to display the statues as oppose to try squeeze 2 large statues on top of each other into a 23 inch width.

4) The only issue is the middle shelf is fixed according to the installation manual, so it basically divide the display to about 35 inches height each. Of course you can adjust within the 35 inches height however you want to display. But i wish they wouldnt have the fixed shelf in the middle. When i receive it i will try to see if it can be not installed.

Plan to buy 4-5x for my new display and add in some led lights, this is a no brainer, it's the best bang for buck and display option out there. My original idea with the pax is still good, but it requires a lot of manual work to get the glass panels done.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20260836/

gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:33 AM   #1556
SammyG
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
think i posted this already, but here's THE new display from ikea to get for statues

1) It looks nice as room furniture
2) It's cheap and comes with glass doors already included
3) Advantages over besta:
- No height limitation: so you can display tall statues, one of the biggest issue with besta is the fixed height, so any tall statues wont fit or have its head right at the ceiling. There is also no dividers on the glass
- Much wider than besta at 47 inches, so you have plenty of room to adjust how to display the statues as oppose to try squeeze 2 large statues on top of each other into a 23 inch width.

4) The only issue is the middle shelf is fixed according to the installation manual, so it basically divide the display to about 35 inches height each. Of course you can adjust within the 35 inches height however you want to display. But i wish they wouldnt have the fixed shelf in the middle. When i receive it i will try to see if it can be not installed.

Plan to buy 4-5x for my new display and add in some led lights, this is a no brainer, it's the best bang for buck and display option out there. My original idea with the pax is still good, but it requires a lot of manual work to get the glass panels done.
These new cabinets are very slick. The elapsed time to put them together (according to IKEA) is about 5 minutes, as they use novel locking mechanisms and not the traditional metal pins.

I was curious about the flexibility of shelf adjustments, as none of the images on the site show a full vertical line of shelf holes. Upon further inspection of the manual (see attachment), it would appear as if the shelves have relatively fixed positions, only being able to adjust up/down a few inches. If this is truly the case, it is quite unfortunate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 8.27.28 AM.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	96553  
SammyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:10 PM   #1557
adee
Green Arrow

I saw the REGISSÖR in ikea and it looks nice but like SammyG said the fixed shelf combined with adjustment pegs wouldn't work for the stuff I have.
That fixed middle shelf throws it all off and I'd end up with a lot of wasted space.
Old 06-17-2016, 12:35 PM   #1558
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I saw the REGISSÖR in ikea and it looks nice but like SammyG said the fixed shelf combined with adjustment pegs wouldn't work for the stuff I have.
That fixed middle shelf throws it all off and I'd end up with a lot of wasted space.
can anyone comfirm if the middle shelf can not be installed during setup? I would probably get these if so, looks good!
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 01:06 PM   #1559
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
can anyone comfirm if the middle shelf can not be installed during setup? I would probably get these if so, looks good!
Unfortunately I can neither confirm or deny the need for the middle shelf but I believe the reason it's fixed is to support the cabinet as it doesn't have a middle support beam like the old double bestas have.
Old 06-17-2016, 02:12 PM   #1560
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

guys, just look at the installation manual: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/assembly_i...0448-8_pub.pdf

As i said the middle shelf does limit the display option, but i still think it's quite flexible. Basically you have 2 rows of 35 inch height display, that can pretty much fit anything, much better than what besta offers. And you can split the 35 inch into 2x 17 inch rows to display shorter statues.

This thing only cost $350, which is super cheap. I can just get multiples and have it as 2 rows display, still cheaper and more flexible than the other options out there.

Regarding the middle shelf, it is used so the frame box doesnt sway to the left/right after loading it with heavy items - a common issue with the wider pax i noticed. I am going to test it by not installing the middle shelf but use 2 other shelves at different heights to see if it can do the same to stablize the frame
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote