Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-12-2019, 12:42 PM   #161
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

Looks outstanding!

This is the nail in the coffin for Sideshow's predator business, and I can confirm that I have a smile on my face when I say that.
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:06 PM   #162
dao2
Cyclops

Sideshow's predator business was still alive at all?
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:12 PM   #163
Python
Omega Red

I'd still love to see Sideshow get their act together with this license and compete (competition is good) But what Prime 1 and Infinity are putting out is in a whole different league currently....
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:33 PM   #164
csutkakoma
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguargod View Post
Looks outstanding!

This is the nail in the coffin for Sideshow's predator business, and I can confirm that I have a smile on my face when I say that.
Yup. Agree with you wholeheartedly. Sideshow sadly is not the quality company anymore that once was and they have nothing on Prime 1 which IMO became the best company out there with their outstanding products. I am very glad I did not bought the Predator maquettes. They looked very bad and their quality sucked. I am very happy that I was patient...it payed off. Good luck getting rid off the Predator maquettes at half of the original price.
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:18 PM   #165
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguargod View Post
Looks outstanding!

It's not too late. P1 could still move the armor around to the wrong locations and engineer the head to roll off and fall to the floor when you hang it on the wall.
*fingers crossed.
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:32 PM   #166
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post
It's not too late. P1 could still move the armor around to the wrong locations and engineer the head to roll off and fall to the floor when you hang it on the wall.
*fingers crossed.
LMAO

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:12 PM   #167
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post
*fingers crossed.

I used to be a big proponent for Sideshow's Alien and Predator stuff. I still have their earlier stuff like Wolf 1:1 bust, Predalien Maquette, a bunch of bios, etc. I guess because they were the only ones making the Alien/Predator stuff, I kind of overlooked how bad they really were. For example, Sideshow used paper for lenses in one of their earlier bios. I eventually wised up and stopped buying their Alien/Predator stuff a few years ago, and I'm glad I'm making the switch over to Prime 1.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:16 PM   #168
aa909
The Green Hornet

The unmasked head would look better if he was screaming
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:12 PM   #169
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post

I used to be a big proponent for Sideshow's Alien and Predator stuff. I still have their earlier stuff like Wolf 1:1 bust, Predalien Maquette, a bunch of bios, etc. I guess because they were the only ones making the Alien/Predator stuff, I kind of overlooked how bad they really were. For example, Sideshow used paper for lenses in one of their earlier bios. I eventually wised up and stopped buying their Alien/Predator stuff a few years ago, and I'm glad I'm making the switch over to Prime 1.
I'll take that Predalien Maquette off your hands for half price?
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:27 PM   #170
eternalblue02
New Republic

I wonder if P1 will setup their Alien Queen like this piece where she could be mounted to the wall sitting on her egg sac then have another piece of the sac below to display off the wall. Those mounting brackets would need to be heavy duty.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote