Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-20-2021, 04:18 PM   #161
pamphyboy
Shadowhawk

I think this one looks good next to my Daniel Bel Captain America.
pamphyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 04:00 PM   #162
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
So, is the general consensus now that Sideshow is completely moving away from exclusives on all of their pieces? Or is this only a Marvel trend?
As I have hypothesized before, they will not be doing exclusives with Premium Formats. Only with Maquettes. Which in turn would justify their 150 price point over PFs.

Does this make it easier for international buyers?
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 02:45 PM   #163
leplant
Deadman

"Marvel Comics has a massive library of more than 7,000 characters—maybe more than 50,000 if you count one-off and ancillary superheroes, villains, and other mutants—and it seems keen to feature as many of them as possible on the big screen.Feb 16, 2018
https://qz.com › marvels-movie-foot...
Marvel's movie footprint is comically massive - Quartz"

If these numbers are accurate, It's interesting that I'm considering a 3rd Sideshow Black Widow? Amazing piece, and important MCU character, but do I need 3? I'll end up getting it, because it's a stunning piece, but 3? How about a MODOK? Or a Fin Fang Foom?
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 07:06 PM   #164
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
"Marvel Comics has a massive library of more than 7,000 characters—maybe more than 50,000 if you count one-off and ancillary superheroes, villains, and other mutants—and it seems keen to feature as many of them as possible on the big screen.Feb 16, 2018
https://qz.com › marvels-movie-foot...
Marvel's movie footprint is comically massive - Quartz"

If these numbers are accurate, It's interesting that I'm considering a 3rd Sideshow Black Widow? Amazing piece, and important MCU character, but do I need 3? I'll end up getting it, because it's a stunning piece, but 3? How about a MODOK? Or a Fin Fang Foom?
There has been a total of 5 Black Widows PFs and one 1:5 line.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 10:03 AM   #165
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
There has been a total of 5 Black Widows PFs and one 1:5 line.
I think he was counting just comic versions, not the MCU and white variant. There’s been 3 comic version Black Widow PFs.

I do the same. Some will say “there is a Loki PF already.” But it was MCU, and greatly cast as he was/is many of us can’t substitute a comic version for a movie version, so for us there’s no Loki PF because there’s no comic Loki PF.

As for variants in most cases they’re color swaps, not an all new statue. Which we know is the case with White Black Widow.

Both of y’all are right though.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 03:57 AM   #166
leplant
Deadman

To clarify, when I said I'm considering a third, I didn't mean Sideshow only made three. I have two, and this recent offering is a temptation. If I buy it, I will have three Sideshow Black Widow statues.
Old 08-25-2021, 08:01 AM   #167
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
To clarify, when I said I'm considering a third, I didn't mean Sideshow only made three. I have two, and this recent offering is a temptation. If I buy it, I will have three Sideshow Black Widow statues.
Oh well that’s just a personal decision lol. How much do you like the character, how much do you feel you need of the character, how much space do you want to give to her, etc.

I have like 7 or 8 Peter Parker’s in 1/4, not to mention a few of him in other scales ranging from Bowen to 1/3. I recently talked about this in the Gambit thread…I have 2 of him, 3 Storms, 2 Black Panthers, 2 Colossus, 2 Psylockes, 3 Legend of Zelda Links…I don’t mind multiples, just depends on what purpose they serve to me.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 03:15 PM   #168
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Oh well that’s just a personal decision lol. How much do you like the character, how much do you feel you need of the character, how much space do you want to give to her, etc.

I have like 7 or 8 Peter Parker’s in 1/4, not to mention a few of him in other scales ranging from Bowen to 1/3. I recently talked about this in the Gambit thread…I have 2 of him, 3 Storms, 2 Black Panthers, 2 Colossus, 2 Psylockes, 3 Legend of Zelda Links…I don’t mind multiples, just depends on what purpose they serve to me.
My whole point was to express frustration with hyper focusing on a relatively small number of characters. I understand and sympathize with the financial risks arguments. I probably wouldn't bet the family farm on a list of less popular characters going gangbusters and flying off the shelves. So again, I get it. It's just a little boring. For me, artistry and diversity is the priority. I used MODOK and Fin Fang Foom as examples of opportunities to get outside the classical human form.
Old 08-25-2021, 09:08 PM   #169
maximus_73
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Here is an unboxing video from SS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0Qsr-HYi8E

Looks complicated... I love the video how it shows black spidey with their black background.
maximus_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 11:33 PM   #170
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_73 View Post
Here is an unboxing video from SS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0Qsr-HYi8E

Looks complicated... I love the video how it shows black spidey with their black background.

Wrong thread.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote