Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-17-2014, 10:45 PM   #18521
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
Batman (Keaton/Nicholson and Burton) Wow this movie is not aging well imo 7/10
Watched it a few months back too...ugh. When you take off the nostalgia goggles, you realize that many of your old favourites sorta sucked
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:55 PM   #18522
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

It hasn't lost any appeal to me. The world Burton created feels pretty timeless. Like Batman TAS.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:56 PM   #18523
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
It's a great film, Hellboy. Jake Gyllenhaal did a fantastic job.
I thought it looked pretty interesting based on the trailers but nothing I needed to see theatrically. I trust your's and Bullseye's opinions so I will be attempting to catch this before it disappears from theaters.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 11:15 PM   #18524
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Yet neither really feel like Batman per se as much as they do another quirky Tim Burton film.
They feel more like Batman than Nolan's . Nolan's Batman feels more like a crime film than a comic film.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 11:30 PM   #18525
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
They feel more like Batman than Nolan's . Nolan's Batman feels more like a crime film than a comic film.
Not to me, at least not based on my 3 decades of reading Batman comics. At his core Batman was always more of a crime fighting detective who used his cunning wit and intimidation to gain the upper hand, and Nolan tapped into that. Burton's take was more fantastical and in line with the campy, flashy superhero side of the character that I personally never cared for. Not saying Burton's films are bad, they just are what they are. Nolan's films just felt more grounded and in line with the characteristics I thought made him compelling.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 11:53 PM   #18526
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

In Burton's Batman we see him using his detective skills in order to crack Joker's poison or Penguin's identity, whereas in Nolan's Batman all he do is to ask Lucius for help whenever he needs something to be solved. Not to mention Burton's Batman uses intimidation techniques too. And Gotham is much better portrayed in Burton's films than Nolan's.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:02 AM   #18527
Luminous
Cyclops

Interstellar - 9/10

I loved every second of this movie. A space opera that touches on so many dilemmas that we all face. It was emotional, funny, dramatic, metaphysical and intense. I've read up on a lot of the complaints about the movie. As always I found myself rolling my eyes at how ridiculous most of them are. I plan on seeing it again this weekend. Would like to see how accurate I feel my score is.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:44 AM   #18528
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
Watched it a few months back too...ugh. When you take off the nostalgia goggles, you realize that many of your old favourites sorta sucked
I'm on a roll. Watched Cyborg starring Van Dame and OMG I can't believe I used to like this movie! 5/10
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:47 PM   #18529
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I thought it looked pretty interesting based on the trailers but nothing I needed to see theatrically. I trust your's and Bullseye's opinions so I will be attempting to catch this before it disappears from theaters.
I appreciate that, Hellboy. Hopefully you will like the film as much as Bulls and I do.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:54 PM   #18530
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

John Wick 8/10

I wasn't expecting much going into the film but I really had a blast watching it. Nothing high brow here but easily one the best assassin movies I have seen in a long time. The fight choreography was all on point with very tight camera work and the plot had a bit more meat on the bones then the average movie in this genre. Fans of this genre are in for a great ride.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote