Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-11-2015, 02:29 AM   #1901
ambasah
Red Skull

buying these framed might be a good idea if you're in the US. If you live in another country the price is outrageous after you factor in the currency conversion and shipping cost.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:08 AM   #1902
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I have an queen on the dead unframed. Msg if interested
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:15 AM   #1903
MechWestern
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
buying these framed might be a good idea if you're in the US. If you live in another country the price is outrageous after you factor in the currency conversion and shipping cost.
How much are those to get shipped to Canada? I think they are about 25 shipped to the midwest.
MechWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:42 AM   #1904
ambasah
Red Skull

closer to $80 from what I understand.

plus the canadian dollar is now about 25% less that the US dollar. Cheaper to take it to a professional framing shop to get it done up here.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:50 AM   #1905
MechWestern
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
closer to $80 from what I understand.

plus the canadian dollar is now about 25% less that the US dollar. Cheaper to take it to a professional framing shop to get it done up here.

Gotcha! Still, 100 bucks at a frame shop won't get you close to how these turn out. Around here, it's about double that for a "decent" frame job. I can see where the shipping would be a turn off to some though.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:51 PM   #1906
keewan
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechWestern View Post
Gotcha! Still, 100 bucks at a frame shop won't get you close to how these turn out. Around here, it's about double that for a "decent" frame job. I can see where the shipping would be a turn off to some though.
I live in Seattle area, but I can definitely get better frame and same mat cut as DC prints for under $100 from Aaron Brothers, they always have 50% coupon for custom framing, and if you wait, they have 50% + 25% coupon a few times a year. I already quoted the frame / mat I want is under $200, so take 60% off, I come in at below $100 for framing with frame and mat I chose. I didn't order Poison Ivy with frame because I didn't like the frame they used, and I want my frame to look uniform, so none of my DC prints have frame. And I am happy with that decision. I will save up all my prints and frame them all at once next time they have big framing sale, and all my prints will look the same.

But I like the CoTD frames and especially the mat cut. But I think I will only order SS frame with the females (which i have so far). For the males, I am ok with a more regular mat cut, for half of the price framed, pretty much enough to order another print.
keewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:01 PM   #1907
MechWestern
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by keewan View Post
I live in Seattle area, but I can definitely get better frame and same mat cut as DC prints for under $100 from Aaron Brothers, they always have 50% coupon for custom framing, and if you wait, they have 50% + 25% coupon a few times a year. I already quoted the frame / mat I want is under $200, so take 60% off, I come in at below $100 for framing with frame and mat I chose. I didn't order Poison Ivy with frame because I didn't like the frame they used, and I want my frame to look uniform, so none of my DC prints have frame. And I am happy with that decision. I will save up all my prints and frame them all at once next time they have big framing sale, and all my prints will look the same.

But I like the CoTD frames and especially the mat cut. But I think I will only order SS frame with the females (which i have so far). For the males, I am ok with a more regular mat cut, for half of the price framed, pretty much enough to order another print.
Nice! It's pretty pricey here in Chicago. I'd be really interested to see your finished product and cost. I can tell you, that here, I'm not getting a nice and unique framing job like these for 175 bucks which is the difference including shipping for framed vs not.

I think for me, there's also the issue of getting a rolled up print, checking it out, taking it to a place, picking out materials, having to wait for a twice a year sale, making sure they didn't screw it up afterward, etc etc

I'll pay a premium for convenience. Also, I guess we all have our preferences as well when it comes to the style and uniformity!
Old 03-12-2015, 11:42 AM   #1908
Atheris
The Maxx

LoL oh FedEx you make me laugh.

SS requested I send back the destroyed tube FedEx delivered to me in order to get a replacment. That was two weeks ago.

I just got off the phone with FedEx now asking why the tracking info has no delivery date and says N/A. According to FedEx, the package has been lost and now an investigation is underway.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:17 PM   #1909
wanderlai
The Tick

Well they are only delivering your Magneto next...no worries
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:33 PM   #1910
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlai View Post