Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 03-29-2007, 10:58 PM   #11
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertank1225 View Post
awesome pickup. i have been wanting one also. hey dude what are the trophys for in the back ground?
Thanks! I had to wait a while for funds to show up, but I'm glad I finally got one of these Surfers. This chrome one is the only Surfer I'll need.

The trophies in the background were won by the youth basketball teams I've coached the past seven years. I love working with those kids more than anything else I do. This may have been my last year to coach, because I've got too many kids I'll want to watch play junior high and high school ball now. Coaching these kids is the best thing I've ever done. Thanks for asking, Tigertank!
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:11 PM   #12
tigertank1225
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
Thanks! I had to wait a while for funds to show up, but I'm glad I finally got one of these Surfers. This chrome one is the only Surfer I'll need.

The trophies in the background were won by the youth basketball teams I've coached the past seven years. I love working with those kids more than anything else I do. This may have been my last year to coach, because I've got too many kids I'll want to watch play junior high and high school ball now. Coaching these kids is the best thing I've ever done. Thanks for asking, Tigertank!
that is awesome. to be able to coach them kids and be succsessful. i have been wanting to go coach myself, at my old high school. only problem i live in IN and that's in WI. well maybe ten years from now.
tigertank1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:17 PM   #13
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:

Good stuff Neil ... I also coach. My oldest daughter just started up her soccer season and my youngest daughter will start in a few weeks. I will be coaching 5 days a week in the near future ... exhausting at times but a blast to do and very rewarding

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:55 PM   #14
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

That is so friggin awesome!
Though the scales are not the same but it looks fantastic with the diorama!!

The chrome color make up the sculpt, nice!
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:03 AM   #15
Dark69
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

i love it!!!!!!!!!!1
Dark69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:14 AM   #16
rilynil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
Good stuff Neil ... I also coach. My oldest daughter just started up her soccer season and my youngest daughter will start in a few weeks. I will be coaching 5 days a week in the near future ... exhausting at times but a blast to do and very rewarding
There's nothing more rewarding to me than teaching a kid -- boy or girl -- how to shoot, defend, rebound and run a fundamentally sound fast break. Once the kids I was coaching got up toward 5th and 6th grade, my whole goal was to prepare them for junior high basketball. Last year, I had 12 kids playing junior high ball, and there will be four more of my players on school teams next year.

I've won a ton of games, but the real payoff is when I see them succeeding at their schools. I'm good at my profession, but coaching is my passion. I just missed my calling.

I'm glad you have a blast coaching, too, JG. You'll have to keep me updated on how your team is doing!
Old 03-30-2007, 12:35 AM   #17
Mastermold
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Love that statue in chrome!
Mastermold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 05:21 AM   #18
Wolverine1
SNIKT!!! Keeping the pimp hand strong! Rot Minister of Nocturnal Security

It was 200 right? I am considering one of these, being I fed up and didnt get the Bowen one.
Wolverine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:43 AM   #19
rilynil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine1 View Post
It was 200 right? I am considering one of these, being I fed up and didnt get the Bowen one.
You are correct, sir. This statue fulfills all my Surfer needs.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:58 AM   #20
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
There's nothing more rewarding to me than teaching a kid -- boy or girl -- how to shoot, defend, rebound and run a fundamentally sound fast break. Once the kids I was coaching got up toward 5th and 6th grade, my whole goal was to prepare them for junior high basketball. Last year, I had 12 kids playing junior high ball, and there will be four more of my players on school teams next year.

I've won a ton of games, but the real payoff is when I see them succeeding at their schools. I'm good at my profession, but coaching is my passion. I just missed my calling.

I'm glad you have a blast coaching, too, JG. You'll have to keep me updated on how your team is doing!
We have a good squad - I can easily see us going through the season without a loss ... but more importantly at this age - I want to make sure they have fun and learn fundamentals

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote