Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Old 10-30-2009, 01:11 PM   #11
Adoptedscot
A day without sunshine is like... night.
Adamantium Plus Member

Awesome, I have both versions but this will be displayed seperately along with the other FB's in my living room.

A good thing is if you have bought the first 2 FB's, we will get matching numbers which is another fantastic benefit of buying these amazing pieces..that and they will also be signed (at least the first 100 will be)
I love buying from Moore
x
Adoptedscot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:16 PM   #12
VinReaper
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Location: Out of my mind! Be back in 5 minutes! (+12517 to the Post Count)
I am all over it!

VR
VinReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #13
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex655321 View Post
I would get this if it was with the original base.

Still looks Awesome !
Yeah, I think she'd look better with the original base also. I think I'll still get this one though since the AP base has had some of the clutter removed for a bit more simplification in this version.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #14
Magik
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

If it was the original base, I would have considered it. I already have the AP, so I won't be getting this. She sure is gorgeous though. I'm sure everyone who orders this will be happy.
Magik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:46 PM   #15
Averone
Kindly Asked To Leave

I will get it! Just don't know about the base.
Averone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:22 PM   #16
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

She is amazing, but sadly I made the decision to not get this either. I love it even more than the AP, but I'm not going to get into the faux bronze line. I even returned my faux bronze Fathom to Moore Studios.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:31 AM   #17
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

The nice thing about the faux bronze line is that it gives you options. When a manufacturer releases a statue, you should not feel obligated to purchase whatever they release. Instead, you should feel like you have the ability of options. If that were not the case, you would own 187 different versions of Iron Man and 875 versions of Wolverine.
Instead, you can pick the version that you want. I prefer the faux bronze line because it is a line that you can display in the living room and your statues look more like art pieces than toys. I did sell my original version since I don't need duplicates.
Unlike my warehouse in Miami, I can no longer display over 3000 different statues so I've become very selective. The nice part is that Moore statues have one of the best secondary market values so if you want to sell one piece because you want a different version, it won't hurt your wallet.
But, everyone collects in their own way. If you own the AP and are happy with it, don't feel pressured to buy a faux or any other version. At times, we feel like we have to own every version of every release. The way the economy is, we have to be selective.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:47 PM   #18
bruhaha69
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I actually didn't care that much for the original version, but the more I look at this one, the more I like it. Gah....I feel like I'm going to order, but I might have to restrain myself. My collecting has been out of control and I've been doing a good job of curbing it.
bruhaha69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:24 PM   #19
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhaha69 View Post
I actually didn't care that much for the original version, but the more I look at this one, the more I like it. Gah....I feel like I'm going to order, but I might have to restrain myself. My collecting has been out of control and I've been doing a good job of curbing it.
You're crazy, man. You put the original (or AP) and the Faux Bronze together and it's like one is a reflection of the other. And for some reason her butt in FB looks even better.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:40 PM   #20
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnneeukca View Post
You're crazy, man. You put the original (or AP) and the Faux Bronze together and it's like one is a reflection of the other. And for some reason her butt in FB looks even better.
Probably because it's shiny!
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote