Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 08-25-2006, 04:37 PM   #11
Comicboy
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1
We couldn't get tickets for the Cubs that weekend. They might not have even been in town. I will say that new stadium is very nice.
Except for the retractable roof that cost twice as much money because it leaked horribly. Prices are also outrageous from what I've heard. I haven't gone to it yet so I can't really judge. They had County Stadium before and well lets face it, the Brewers are not exactly a huge attraction. They thought they would get bigger crowds, which I don't think has happened. They need to sink some money into the team, which they thought the new park would help, but that's not happening either. Rational thought process for a dying franchise. But hey at least we can have animatronic jumbo sausage races.
Comicboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 06:11 PM   #12
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Wow that's awesome CB, if I knew that I would have loved to have seen it. Very nice!
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 06:22 PM   #13
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

I went to College in Milwaukee. It was quite an experience.
The people there are nice but, they're a few bricks short of a load
Cheeseheads! Make me wanna wretch
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 11:22 PM   #14
Comicboy
Deadman

Armi, perhaps you are just not trying the right kind of cheese. Unless of course you are refering to the individuals that don the cheese wedge on their heads. The only defense I can think of to that is this. It's really hard to 2-fist beers with a foam finger on. Other than that I got nothing. The only cheese/foam product that I ever used was the cheese brick. Yes an actual cheese foam brick, for throwing purposes.

Comicboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:29 AM   #15
Boerboel
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicboy
Except for the retractable roof that cost twice as much money because it leaked horribly. Prices are also outrageous from what I've heard. I haven't gone to it yet so I can't really judge. They had County Stadium before and well lets face it, the Brewers are not exactly a huge attraction. They thought they would get bigger crowds, which I don't think has happened. They need to sink some money into the team, which they thought the new park would help, but that's not happening either. Rational thought process for a dying franchise. But hey at least we can have animatronic jumbo sausage races.
Way to do your homework Sherlock...attendance is actually up. They topped the two million mark three times from 2001 to 2005, something only done once since in '83. They topped the two million mark back to back in '04 and '05 which was a first in Brewers history. And as far as prices go I know that tickets are cheaper here than they are for the Cubs, food and beer is about the same as a concert, Bucks or Packers game. Not cheap by any means, but not outrageous.
Boerboel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:47 AM   #16
Boerboel

Quote:
It's been aloooooooooong time since I went to a Brewer game. It's just one of those long standing traditions you wish would go away. Klements (I think is the name) has been around for as long as the team if not longer. We take our brats very seriously here. Hell, if I want to go to a game I go to Wrigley. You can't get much better. It's like being a kid again going there. The place just oozes baseball and nostalgia.
There is nothing wrong with the sausage race. They started doing it only on Sundays in '95 for the kids for God's sake...the kids! I'll give you the nostalgia at Wrigley, but thats about it. No parking, no place to tailgate, nowhere near enough bathrooms, high prices and oh yeah...the place is literally falling apart. That is why everytime the Cubs play in Milwaukee the place is crawling with cubs fans. Sounds like its time for you to go to a Brewers game at Miller park my friend.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:41 PM   #17
Boerboel

Quote:
Prices are also outrageous from what I've heard.
Tell me you're getting that from the old guy who was complaining about drink prices and whatnot? What was his name...Larry?
Old 08-26-2006, 01:47 PM   #18
Boerboel

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage
I went to College in Milwaukee. It was quite an experience.
The people there are nice but, they're a few bricks short of a load
Cheeseheads! Make me wanna wretch
How long did you make it before they threw you out? I can understand the wretch part seeing how the Packers have pretty much been handing your team their a$$ for probably as long as you can remember.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:50 PM   #19
Boerboel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1
I was going to slap your dumb ass if you said "the sausage races."
Its not meant to entertain adults you nitwhit. You're probably just mad because they wouldn't let you out there to run with them. You know thats been your dream since they started those races.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:44 PM   #20
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerboel
Its not meant to entertain adults you nitwhit. You're probably just mad because they wouldn't let you out there to run with them. You know thats been your dream since they started those races.
Spoken like a true Cheesehead. And from my very brief visit it looked to me like some of the women were hitting the cheese a bit to hard.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote