Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-21-2008, 12:32 AM   #11
psycho shark
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

It's a great looking piece for sure, and it's very massive! You should post some pics next to a few Bowens so people can get an idea of it's size.

I passed on it because I'm more into the modern version of Hulk myself. But it does look a lot like the cover to #1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefall View Post
NICE COLOR

I wonder if they (whoever they are) will ever do a RED Hulk?????????????
Nope, Master Replicas aren't doing any more in this series. They did a really nice Spider-Man (from McF's series #1), and I think that was it for the line. I'm pretty sure these are made of some sort of heavy plastic too, which may have turned off some people. Doesn't bother me though, as long as the paint job is good, don't care what it's made of!
psycho shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:15 AM   #12
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho shark View Post
Nope, Master Replicas aren't doing any more in this series. They did a really nice Spider-Man (from McF's series #1), and I think that was it for the line.
What about the Thor cover, don't friggin tell me they kill that or I'd go bonker, I loved that sculpt.
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:20 AM   #13
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderV3 View Post
What about the Thor cover, don't friggin tell me they kill that or I'd go bonker, I loved that sculpt.
It for sell for $99 online at cornerstorecomics.com
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:37 AM   #14
psycho shark
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
It for sell for $99 online at cornerstorecomics.com
Oh wow, that's cool they have it. I just checked out their website, it says "never shipped from MR, but we have it in stock". WTH does that mean?

Might be a good buy for the flippers out there... I'm gonna pass since I already have the Bowen Classic, and the SSC PF on order. Feel like I'm pretty set on Thor at this point!
psycho shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:00 AM   #15
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yep, I'd have to say it all comes down to the fact that it looks more like an inbred version of Frankenstein's Monster than it does the Hulk that we all know and are familiar with. 'Weepy' Banner doesn't exactly help matters any either. And overall it just doesn't have that instant recognition/coolness factor about it to anyone but perhaps those familiar with the artwork in question that it's based upon, and the hardcore Hulk collectors.

I mean don't get me wrong, it's a really great recreation of the original artwork, so if you're a fan of that then it'd be a great statue to have, and you can't fault the quality, but honestly I've never been a fan of the original artwork, so...yeah.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:07 AM   #16
ratchet
Mandarin

I guess that makes sense -

Man, I thought everyone was familiar with the original Hulk cover. I mean, I don't collect Spiderman, Superman, Batman - even Iron Man - but I'm familiar with their original covers.

But, yeah - it's not the green goliath that everyone knows. I like the Grey Hulk - it's my favorite Incarnation.

It's too bad - with everything going against, MR cancelling the Marvel line, it being just for die-hard Hulk fans, I guess it had no real shot.

Well, I display mine with pride and will keep encouraging others to buy it!
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:25 AM   #17
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord odin View Post
I doesn`t look like the Hulk at least the Hulk the way he looks now he looks like Frankenstein's monster.
Yeah too much like Frankenstein's monster. His head is rounder on the actual cover.

Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:23 AM   #18
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

That's an interesting question... I mean you have a lot of people here asking for older versions of the Hulk to be released & it is a pretty good piece sculpt wise....

I personally don't like the old block head versions of the Hulk
stormshadow75x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:31 PM   #19
F0RSAK3N
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitefall View Post
NICE COLOR

I wonder if they (whoever they are) will ever do a RED Hulk?????????????
I don't know about statues, but I've heard there is going to be an exclusive Red Hulk Build-A-Figure in the upcoming Target Marvel Legends line.
F0RSAK3N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:54 PM   #20
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by F0RSAK3N View Post
I don't know about statues, but I've heard there is going to be an exclusive Red Hulk Build-A-Figure in the upcoming Target Marvel Legends line.
Wow, taget exclusive red Hulk, fits them well!
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote