Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

View Poll Results: What's your take on this?
Yes, Hollywood has gone too PC. 40 51.95%
Yes, the fans are being too critical. 11 14.29%
Who cares, I'm still gonna see it! 26 33.77%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-2011, 11:44 AM   #11
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

We are just talking here. Nobody is saying this is the end all be all. At the end of the day the movie looks awesome and I will be there opening night. It’s not important or life altering. Certainly more important things to worry about but this is a comic book/statue forum. If we don’t discuss things like this what the hell are we talking about in here?????? BUT it’s stupid. Bottom line. Respect the source material. They are fictional characters but to make a character black that’s white your just being a weenie for the sake of being a weenie.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:48 AM   #12
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

a bunch of fans complaining or a lawsuit. i think i would go with the fans complain angle. i never did actually look into if a black actor needs to be in a movie as a law though like the rooney rule in the NFL. now that is racists. that rule states that you have to interview a black person or pay a huge fine. it doesn't say every race just black. very wrong and disgusting rule.
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #13
Dana P.
TRICKSTER
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
We are just talking here. Nobody is saying this is the end all be all. At the end of the day the movie looks awesome and I will be there opening night. It’s not important or life altering. Certainly more important things to worry about but this is a comic book/statue forum. If we don’t discuss things like this what the hell are we talking about in here?????? BUT it’s stupid. Bottom line. Respect the source material. They are fictional characters but to make a character black that’s white your just being a weenie for the sake of being a weenie.
"I thought, 'What is this half horse-looking character?' By the end I said 'I get this and I like it.' My first instinct was that I was a bit unsure. He's the only one who can pick up the hammer. He's a worthy from another planet. But he looks like a horse."
Dana P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #14
RichBamf

Quote:
It's a real shame you don't post more than you do general, I've always enjoyed your posts.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:39 PM   #15
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
It's a real shame you don't post more than you do general, I've always enjoyed your posts.
Thx dude.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:40 PM   #16
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana P. View Post
Sup brother!!
Old 03-09-2011, 12:42 PM   #17
Dana P.
TRICKSTER
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
Well for a start I'd like to say that I don't care who is cast as Heimdall, although in the comic he is white, it's not like anyone ever saw the Norse gods in the flesh is it, just because they were worshipped in predominantly white countries, doesn't mean there wasn't black Norse gods.
Gotta disagree with you, Rich. The Norse gods have always been depicted as Scandanavian. And, at the very least, Marvel's Heimdall has always been depicted white. Until the movie casting; then in one issue of the short-lived series Thor the Mighty Avenger they depicted him as black.

And I never ever buy the whole "he was the best guy for the job." That's an easy excuse.
"I thought, 'What is this half horse-looking character?' By the end I said 'I get this and I like it.' My first instinct was that I was a bit unsure. He's the only one who can pick up the hammer. He's a worthy from another planet. But he looks like a horse."
Old 03-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #18
Dana P.
TRICKSTER
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Sup brother!!
Good to "see" you, General!
Old 03-09-2011, 12:50 PM   #19
RichBamf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana P. View Post
Gotta disagree with you, Rich. The Norse gods have always been depicted as Scandanavian. And, at the very least, Marvel's Heimdall has always been depicted white. Until the movie casting; then in one issue of the short-lived series Thor the Mighty Avenger they depicted him as black.

And I never ever buy the whole "he was the best guy for the job." That's an easy excuse.
While I totally agree with you in principal Dana, old buddy, for all we know the whole Norse gods could have been alien in appearance like in Stargate SG1. That was what my point was kinda meant to mean....

I was doing my Bamf-typical devils advocate bit...
Old 03-09-2011, 12:50 PM   #20
RichBamf

Quote:
Thx dude.
No worries mate, just good to see ya posting a bit more