Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC / McFarlane

Old 11-14-2006, 02:18 PM   #11
JBElliott
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkfan View Post
Keep in mind that the sculpts were not finished in time for this solicitation, so this is a heavily photoshopped image (half of it is the original concept art superimposed over the sculpt). Makes for a bit of an awkward image. Shouldn't be long before final pics of the actual painted prototype are shown.

p.s. For the record, I didn't sculpt the whole thing... I worked on Superman, but Batman was sculpted by Rudy Garcia.
Yeah, the pic looked a bit funky. Why did DC "rush" this ad out before things were ready? I'd be hard pressed to pre-order the piece based on that ad even though I like the idea.

Any pics of the work in progress to give us a better idea of how things will look?
JBElliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:51 PM   #12
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

i just read over on freaks that andy is exclusive to dc direct for now . ill miss his ss work even though he said that he still has a good amount of sculpts still to be released from ss. i hope dc direct uses him to make dc pf's and doesnt waste his superb talents on crappy concepts. good luck andy. cant wait to see what your gonna do at dc.
devlinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:33 PM   #13
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkfan View Post
Keep in mind that the sculpts were not finished in time for this solicitation, so this is a heavily photoshopped image (half of it is the original concept art superimposed over the sculpt). Makes for a bit of an awkward image. Shouldn't be long before final pics of the actual painted prototype are shown.

p.s. For the record, I didn't sculpt the whole thing... I worked on Superman, but Batman was sculpted by Rudy Garcia.
Congrats on your exclusive signing, Andy!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:53 AM   #14
ant-man
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

i like the idea of Rude inspired bookends...but the poses and such...ill just wait this one out before maing a final verdict...

and...by the way..its good...i dont think we have enuff Supes and batman sculpts out there...MY GOD DC...can we stop with these characters already....
ant-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:03 PM   #15
wofford29
The Spirit

blasphemy!!!!!!!! you can never have to much Batman!
wofford29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:10 PM   #16
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Pass!

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote