Cinematic diarrhea.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #12
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:09 AM   #13
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

you guys are missing a major point here. the first film, and i would imagine, the other 3, have all been inexpensive to make. theyve made a ton of money. if youre a filmmaker, thats what your end game really is. i graduated from a film school with a degree in motion picture production. all i could think about after i saw the first film was how i totally couldve made that movie. i respect these films for how successful they are and how easy their productions were. same goes for the blair witch project. made sooooo much money. i thought the use of the xbox kinect in the 4th film was very clever.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:16 AM   #14
ratchet
Mandarin

They all seem to be the same thing... With very little differences to offer
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #15
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
you guys are missing a major point here. the first film, and i would imagine, the other 3, have all been inexpensive to make. theyve made a ton of money. if youre a filmmaker, thats what your end game really is. i graduated from a film school with a degree in motion picture production. all i could think about after i saw the first film was how i totally couldve made that movie. i respect these films for how successful they are and how easy their productions were. same goes for the blair witch project. made sooooo much money. i thought the use of the xbox kinect in the 4th film was very clever.
We might have different ways of looking at movies. If a movie sucks, I cant give it points for being cheaply made or having a high budget to profit ratio. It still sucks. The studio loves that im sure and thats why we've got a hundred of these crappy things, but im going into a movie in the hopes of being entertained.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #16
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

exactly Sh. well said.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #17
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

i enjoy these but probably couldn't do a full sitting of 1-4 since they are pretty similar. watch these in a packed theater and you may get a better experience. #2 was best for me. #4 was one too many.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #18
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
We might have different ways of looking at movies. If a movie sucks, I cant give it points for being cheaply made or having a high budget to profit ratio. It still sucks. The studio loves that im sure and thats why we've got a hundred of these crappy things, but im going into a movie in the hopes of being entertained.
this is true, but, not many of those films succeed like PA has. they may be a bit campy, and, honestly, how many more of the stationary camera or household camera uses can they get. in their defense, they did switch up the cameras. the first and second had their consumer cams and "security" feeds, the third had the vhs, and the fourth had the iPhone/mac views. i admire that. those guys are running out of media formats! i think these films are totally entertaining, which i think is where we disagree. the storylines are connected which is a feat in itself these days for films with multiple sequels/prequels. i keep thinking of the SAW films. i got so lost watching those, but, ive seen them all and enjoyed each and every one of them. they were all basically the same. not sure there will be another PA, the ending of the last one did open up a whole other "universe" where they could extend the series, but, they may be thinking along the lines of consumers like you. at what point are the movies not worth making anymore. also, isnt October usually when they release them? they seemed to drop pretty regularly.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #19
Teague
Iron Man

The first one was pretty good, I thought. The ones that followed were of precipitously declining worth.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:31 AM   #20
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
The first one was pretty good, I thought. The ones that followed were of precipitously declining worth.
I liked the 1st one.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote