Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-23-2011, 06:31 PM   #11
Spazzy
Hercules

I will give this show a chance!

I just found out a few weeks back that Lang was Ike in Tombstone, chubby little thing back then
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:21 AM   #12
ctuckr68
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdealx View Post
Samuel L. Jackson said in one of his interviews that he would had 'sued' Marvel for using his likeness. This was on the 'Alan Carr' show on Channel 4 UK

This came about, when there was a 'Fan Poll' in one of the Marvel comics; don't know which one?

In that poll, the fans asked who would they like to see Nick Fury be played by, they said S.L.J

Anyhow, S.L.J knew of this, as he's a comic head himself. So he approached Marvel, to which they'd struck out a deal for him to play him in several roles. Instead of him suing them for use of 'Likeness'.

Bizarre, but true!

I think...I think...what you're referring to is the dispute they had last year or so to renew his contract as Fury. Marvel was holding out but would not confirm why. I think they were having doubts about him in the role(for obvious reasons), and that he would sue for them casting someone else in his likenss. I'm not sure.... Anyhow, I'm a big fan of SLJ, just not as Fury. To me it stinks of Hollywood trying to capitalize on a pop icon at the expense of the character. And my bet is that the polled people were not Fury fans. Lang would have been perfect for the role...perfect I tell you!!!
ctuckr68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:45 AM   #13
abarron
Batman

SLJ Likeness has been used as the Ultimate Nick Fury since the start of the Ultimate Universe.

I don't care what marvel say the character has always looked like Jackson.

I think its either a case of Jackson wanting to play the role due to them using his likeness in the comics or Marvel had to let him play the character so as not to face a massive lawsuit.

If i was a betting man i would put my money on the latter
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:50 AM   #14
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

I've seen it when it was Jurrasic Park.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:05 PM   #15
ctuckr68
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarron View Post
SLJ Likeness has been used as the Ultimate Nick Fury since the start of the Ultimate Universe.

I don't care what marvel say the character has always looked like Jackson.

I think its either a case of Jackson wanting to play the role due to them using his likeness in the comics or Marvel had to let him play the character so as not to face a massive lawsuit.

If i was a betting man i would put my money on the latter
Yeah, I don't disagree with you. I think the UU looks like SLJ too. If he's in the movies because they just thought it a good idea or because he threatened with a law suit over the comic...I don't know. My point is they should have never used him for the role for any reason. Period. I'm speaking from a standpiont that Nick Fury will always be and look like the Kirby/Lee Fury from the Howling Commandos though. But, hey, that's just me.
ctuckr68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:25 PM   #16
abarron
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuckr68 View Post
Yeah, I don't disagree with you. I think the UU looks like SLJ too. If he's in the movies because they just thought it a good idea or because he threatened with a law suit over the comic...I don't know. My point is they should have never used him for the role for any reason. Period. I'm speaking from a standpiont that Nick Fury will always be and look like the Kirby/Lee Fury from the Howling Commandos though. But, hey, that's just me.
Total agree with you
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:17 AM   #17
whd
Suicide Squad

Anybody else watch the actual show last night? I thought it was pretty impressive. Clearly it has to be one of the more expensive shows on TV.
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:36 AM   #18
brentflynn
Blue Falcon

I liked it. The effects in the daylight scenes were a bit iffy, but the Slasher sequence at night was effective (a Jurassic Park/Aliens feel to it). Has me more interested than the Falling Skies pilot did.
brentflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:43 AM   #19
protector2814
Phoenix

Spoilers Below
------------------------------------------------------------

It was good. I actually thought the future city scenes and the way global warning and pollution have destroyed the environment more interesting. I also liked the population policies, cause I actually feel we're on our way there in real life.

The Terra Nova stuff was mixed. Didn't care for the way they just skipped key sequences like the prison escape and the daughter pick-uo. Didn't like the way they set up for a Lost type mystery and didn't care for the Lost type band of Others. They also didn't do a good job of explaining the staggering or arrivals, nor the "teen club" nor the Time-Line distruption they're causing. Even if it isn't theirs, it's another future societies. It needed tighter writing and a more streamlined plot. Wouldn't just having a town full of modern people set in the time of dinosaurs have been enough?
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #20
darkdealx
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

3rd October can not come any time sooner! For those that have Sky1 HD ??

I'm going to get this on 'Record Series' link!
darkdealx is offline   Reply With Quote