Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-15-2006, 05:26 PM   #11
Immovable Blob
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

Well in the UK they are showing trailers on TV for cinema release so i'd hope there are subtitles or dubbing ( ) or they are going to get lost.
Immovable Blob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:33 AM   #12
Synergy
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Lethal weapon and romeo must die are the top 2 hollywood movies made but Jet li IMO
Synergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:40 AM   #13
Synergy
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Just watched the preveiw for this and dam I can't wait for this.

I'll be checking out my Asian video seller tomorrow for this
Synergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 07:30 AM   #14
Immovable Blob
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

I have watched this trailer numerous times now and it just keeps getting better. In this current climate of Hollywood remakes and sequels it's great to see such epic film making. A few years ago i'd have laughed if someone said china would be producing such quality films, but after Crouching Tiger, Hero, Flying Daggers and now this I am truley impressed. Sometimes foreign subtitled (don't like dubbing) films are a welcome change. Did anyone else catch Brotherhood of the Wolf (French), I liked that too.
If this is Jet Li's last martial arts film I am very sad as he is an awesome talent (6 times [in a row]world Kung Fu champ). Hollywood just didn't know how to use him properly and whilst i liked him in The One, Cradle 2 the grave and Romeo must Die, (I have all these films) they were not really anywhere near as good as the should have been. In my opinon those films were more launch vechicles for US Rappers and R & B singers who whilst sing fine, should never be in a Martial Arts movie. The One was the best of the bunch and cleverly done.
Immovable Blob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 10:04 PM   #15
sincity
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car50n
Got the dvd early this year. it is the best Jet Li flick in years. old school Jet at his finest. Very worthy viewing for any Once upon a Time in China and Legend fan. also note, this flick was originally 150 minutes long. be weary of the international edit at 104 minutes

where can i get the original cut of this movie i can only find the 104 min cut?
sincity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 11:15 PM   #16
moon_knight1971
Rescue

I've got to check this out! For all you guys that haven't seen any good Jet Li stuff check out FIST OF LEGEND or HERO. There's a bumnch more but the titles are slipping from my memory. The guy's a freakin' one man army....
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 11:21 PM   #17
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971
I've got to check this out! For all you guys that haven't seen any good Jet Li stuff check out FIST OF LEGEND or HERO. There's a bumnch more but the titles are slipping from my memory. The guy's a freakin' one man army....

I love Jet Li movies especially the Hong Kong ones. I've got a bunch of them in my DVD collection. The one's that come to mind are Black Mask and the Once Upon a Time in China trilogy of films. Jet Li
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:42 AM   #18
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

If its his last martial arts flick, whats he going to do after? Isnt he a bit young to retire?
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:58 AM   #19
Batwing
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM28Cardiff
If its his last martial arts flick, whats he going to do after? Isnt he a bit young to retire?
He was misquoted. It is his last "wushu" style movie, because he said he couldn't go higher with the style.

Incidentally, "Wushu" literally translates as "martial arts" in Mandarin Chinese and probably the reporter who heard it wasn't familiar with the wushu style of kung fu and thought he meant martial arts in general.
Batwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:46 AM   #20
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Makes sense, I couldnt really see him trying to become just an actor! His best role in US films has been in Lethal Weapon 4 I reckon, he acted the baddie quite well. His other films have been a bit bizzare, teaming him up with rappers and whatnot. I actually turned Cradle 2 the grave off after half an hour out of boredom.
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote