Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 07-27-2006, 02:54 PM   #11
Daywalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Sheesh! What next, golfers? Bowlers? Chess players? Man, what is the world coming to?
well i know the PML ( professional marble league ) has made an officail statement saying that they are putting in place a 0 tolerance rule for any of thier members who test positive for any steriods - the president of the PML has said it took several years to clean up the sport and he wont allow it to be tarnished with the rumors of doping and proformance enhancing substances
Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:55 PM   #12
Car50n
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devlinboy
is the fact that he has elevated testosterone directly linked to steroids. can his test levels be up due to the grind of the race and adrenaline?? i dont know much , im just asking.
the tests figure a ratio of the two types of testasterones. regular and EP. the normal ratio is 1:1ep. an athlete can normally build it up to 2:1ep up to 4:1ep, but the cyclist commission max is 4:1ep, down from 6:1 a few years back.
Car50n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:58 PM   #13
devlinboy
Official Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car50n
the tests figure a ratio of the two types of testasterones. regular and EP. the normal ratio is 1:1ep. an athlete can normally build it up to 2:1ep up to 4:1ep, but the cyclist commission max is 4:1ep, down from 6:1 a few years back.

thanks for clarifying, did it say what landis tested at?? ill go read the article now. i was watching this on espn b4.
devlinboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:33 PM   #14
Babytoxie
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker
well i know the PML ( professional marble league ) has made an officail statement saying that they are putting in place a 0 tolerance rule for any of thier members who test positive for any steriods - the president of the PML has said it took several years to clean up the sport and he wont allow it to be tarnished with the rumors of doping and proformance enhancing substances
The rampant abuse was pretty obvious... those guys had some massive thumbs.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 08:38 PM   #15
sincity
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

of course he's on drugs
i can't tell you how much drugs it would take to keep me in france for 3 weeks and on a bike no less
sincity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:08 PM   #16
J Storm
Birdman

The man has a busted hip and no normal person would withstand that type of pain especially a cyclist. He wanted to finish the race & I think he used the extra testosterone to help ease that pain. Any other type of pain killing drug would have disqualified him automatically.
J Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 05:20 AM   #17
Justin
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan
LOL! What an idiot, seems like that whole cycle scene is drugged out.
bike riding is the most drug riddled sport in the world!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 05:24 AM   #18
Justin
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincity
of course he's on drugs
i can't tell you how much drugs it would take to keep me in france for 3 weeks and on a bike no less

Great post!
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:57 PM   #19
JR2
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Storm
The man has a busted hip and no normal person would withstand that type of pain especially a cyclist. He wanted to finish the race & I think he used the extra testosterone to help ease that pain. Any other type of pain killing drug would have disqualified him automatically.
Actually, Landis had an exemption from UCI to get cortisone injections for his hip condition.

Doesn't mean he didn't use something else too, but I hope not.

I'll wait to see what the B sample shows.
JR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 05:02 PM   #20
Logan
Kindly Asked To Leave

He first claimed he already had alot more testosterone than a normal man and now he's blaming it on the booze
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote