Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Old 10-13-2007, 11:56 AM   #11
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Welcome to the forum shanesg. Last time I checked, a little over a month ago, Moore Studios 1st Witchblade was going for $150. Not bad at all.
The pictures you've posted do seem to have a certain fish-eyed quality. I have this statue and her eyes are fine. Keep looking.

thanks for the welcome guys. i appreciate your opinion and im gonna take your advice and pass on this one. im really picky when it comes to stuff like that amd i would never get past that little turn in her eye.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 01:25 PM   #12
MinisterOfFire
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

...I have always thought the earlier witchblade statues (not the bikini armor one coming out)...were always a little heavy on the eye lashes...almost like they were too furry or something...my two cents.
MinisterOfFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 01:43 PM   #13
risingstar
Jedi Order

Always loved that Witchblade statue. Not sure what it's going for now but it used to be a very sought after piece. That, the Lady Death, the Pitt and the Sentinel/Gambit statue. Interestingly enough, all by Moore.

risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 12:35 AM   #14
msw313
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31jango View Post
could you tell me who made that sculpture?I looked at CS moore studio website did not see it anywhere. Thank you.
Sculpted by Clayburn Moore, and released through his previous company Moore Creations.

Original version was limited to 2,500. Price had gone as high as $300-$350 a few years back, but apparently it's cooled a bit these days.

There was also a variant "Japanese Edition" with a different paint job (slightly darker skin tone and more of a greenish tint to the armor) that was made in a limited edition of 1,500.

And there was also a "Sterling Edition", with the armor plated in actual silver. This was limited to 300.
msw313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:29 AM   #15
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by msw313 View Post
Sculpted by Clayburn Moore, and released through his previous company Moore Creations.

Original version was limited to 2,500. Price had gone as high as $300-$350 a few years back, but apparently it's cooled a bit these days.

There was also a variant "Japanese Edition" with a different paint job (slightly darker skin tone and more of a greenish tint to the armor) that was made in a limited edition of 1,500.

And there was also a "Sterling Edition", with the armor plated in actual silver. This was limited to 300.
Normally this piece still runs $300-500 nowadays on the Bay. Sometimes, and I mean sometimes, you can find one for a reasonable price. It's hit or miss on price still.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:16 AM   #16
msw313
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
Normally this piece still runs $300-500 nowadays on the Bay. Sometimes, and I mean sometimes, you can find one for a reasonable price. It's hit or miss on price still.
Good to know that such low prices are just a random occurrence and not representative of the actual market. I'd hate to think such a classic piece has actually fallen so low.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:41 AM   #17
marktbarber
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Just noticed the eyes myself!And I've been lookin' @ it since it came out!
marktbarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:46 PM   #18
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

this particular one went for 157. and a few days earlier i seen one go for 99 bucks. 300-500 only seems to be what the ebay stores are trying to get for em.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:00 PM   #19
msw313
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
this particular one went for 157. and a few days earlier i seen one go for 99 bucks. 300-500 only seems to be what the ebay stores are trying to get for em.
This sounds suspiciously cheap. They weren't the mini-statue version, were they? The smaller-scale release of the same sculpt had an original SRP of $59.95. Did the listings give dimensions?
Old 10-15-2007, 09:34 PM   #20
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

im pretty familiar with the different size statues and would easily recognize the smaller one. the two that i have watched for the past few weeks were the full size ones.

****... i went to get the link but i deleted all my ended watched auctions.

anyways im 100% that these were the full size 12 or 13 inch statues. the one that sold for 99 only went that low because the box had a little damage on the side.