Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC / McFarlane

Old 06-03-2008, 09:37 PM   #11
patrickwm68
The Flash

Wow! Excellent piece.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:39 PM   #12
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I like it!!It looks great!!
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:26 PM   #13
carlo giovanni
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Awsome!!!!
carlo giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:33 PM   #14
sLiver
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

I've been getting some PMs asking about this piece - I personally don't know much. If anyone know anything about the history of this sculpt, please share.

I just know that its pretty rare and it was supposedly a banned piece from Europe that was pulled from the market (for copyright infringement?)
sLiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:07 PM   #15
carrillj
What's another word for Thesaurus?

The piece originated from Germany. You know if your is original if it comes apart in a few pieces (like the base and harley in 2 pieces, for example). You are right, there are not many around and the most that I've seen for sale are recasted. If it's one solid cast, then its recasted.

It's a nice sculpt you have there with a good paint job, but I have to say I prefer the original flat paint used (like the old WB maquettes) and also the plain base without the acccessories. I think the sexy thing about it was that they look erotic the way their posed, but the weapons take a bit a way from it by making the sculpt a little cluttered.

I reluctantly sold mine (the one pictured in this thread) a few years ago.
carrillj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:14 PM   #16
risingstar
Jedi Order

Was this piece banned by Warner or was this a piece someone did privately and sold? I remember this one coming out of Europe or something... Either way, it is a beauty!
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:22 PM   #17
carrillj
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Was this piece banned by Warner or was this a piece someone did privately and sold? I remember this one coming out of Europe or something... Either way, it is a beauty!
As far as I know, this statue was never banned. I've read many rumors about the sculpt whenver it was posted up for auction, but I think they were all made up just to add hype.

I purchased one from Matthias Muckle, the guy who distributes Oxmox life sized sculpts out of Europe. I was in his office one day to pick up some 1:1 sculpts and noticed he had the Gotham Girls on his shelf. I asked him if it was for sale and he said that it was part of his personal collection and it was his only one. He later changed his mind and sold it to me for about $40, since I was a good customer and he threw in a few other rarities for free.
carrillj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:53 PM   #18
superman4ever
Hydra

Wow, beautiful!
superman4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:39 AM   #19
albeeman
U talkin' to me?

albeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:11 AM   #20
sLiver
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrillj View Post
The piece originated from Germany. You know if your is original if it comes apart in a few pieces (like the base and harley in 2 pieces, for example). You are right, there are not many around and the most that I've seen for sale are recasted. If it's one solid cast, then its recasted.

It's a nice sculpt you have there with a good paint job, but I have to say I prefer the original flat paint used (like the old WB maquettes) and also the plain base without the acccessories. I think the sexy thing about it was that they look erotic the way their posed, but the weapons take a bit a way from it by making the sculpt a little cluttered.

I reluctantly sold mine (the one pictured in this thread) a few years ago.
Oh, the paint is actually flat. It is flatter than the original - I specified to Dan I wanted the piece to match the DC Direct maquettes.

The accessories are also a-la carte, so they are not "glued" down. They are removable so I can display the girls with or without the accessories.

Also, Harley & Ivy are a single sculpt that can be removed, Catwoman and the base are one piece.
sLiver is offline   Reply With Quote