Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Old 03-12-2009, 02:28 PM   #11
protector2814
Phoenix

The Gentleman over at ReelArt studios mentioned that Michael Whelan wanted too much $ to release the rights for his intrepretation of Elric to be released as a statue. But Clay's version of Kull came from his imagination after reading the stories. Why couldn't he do the same thing with Elric? He need only secure the rights for the character from creator, Michael Moorc0ck, who I would think, would welcome the opportunity. No need for a particular artist's version, Clay could create his own.

I realize this is just a dream, Clay himself has told me that he loves Elric but, at this time, has no plans to tackle him. Oh well, nothing wrong with a gentle push.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:39 PM   #12
protector2814
Phoenix

Like Belit and Zula for companion pieces to Conan over at HH, who I think are pretty obscure yet interesting characters to sculpt, Kull also had a warrior buddy who'd be a natural as a companion piece. Brule the Spear-slayer basically took Kull under his wing soon after Kull was crowned king. Brula was a Pictish bad-ass who was a brutal warrior in his own right. It would have to be a pretty low run but it would look excellent to have Kull and Brule side by side...while I'm dreaming.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:10 PM   #13
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
The Gentleman over at ReelArt studios mentioned that Michael Whelan wanted to much $ to release the rights for his intrepretation of Elric to be released as a statue. But Clay's version of Kull came from his imagination after reading the stories. Why couldn't he do the same thing with Elric? He need only secure the rights for the character from creator, Michael Moorc0ck, who I would think, would welcome the opportunity. No need for a particular artist's version, Clay could create his own.

I realize this is just a dream, Clay himself has told me that he loves Elric but, at this time, has no plans to tackle him. Oh well, nothing wrong with a gentle push.

I had not thought of this. Maybe this is the way to go and keep the line as Clay's interpretations of heroic characters. Sounds simpler for licenses and we would get a unique (not done previously) version and more importantly Clay's.

I have absolute confidence in his interpretation being the definitive one.

Either way I'm starting to get very much enthused!

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Like Belit and Zula for companion pieces to Conan over at HH, who I think are pretty obscure yet interesting characters to sculpt, Kull also had a warrior buddy who'd be a natural as a companion piece. Brule the Spear-slayer basically took Kull under his wing soon after Kull was crowned king. Brula was a Pictish bad-ass who was a brutal warrior in his own right. It would have to be a pretty low run but it would look excellent to have Kull and Brule side by side...while I'm dreaming.
Brule sounds ideal!
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:13 AM   #14
stardreamer
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerFly View Post
So I'm sitting here looking at my Kull, and thinking how great it is, but then I realize he is so big, and out of scale with everything else I have, that he needs a 'shelf partner'. At first I was thinking of some type of villain, but then it hit me....A Female Companion!!! SCULPTED BY CLAY!!!! WOOOOOOOOT!!!!

So that's it. Guys and Girls, what type of companion piece should Clay sculpt to go with lonesome Kull??

Let's hear your suggestions!
He's not out of scale, in fact. You must remember that, in the tales, Kull is described as a man around the 7 feet tall. At 1/6 scale, this means he should be 14 inch tall, and in fact at 13.5 inch he is just slightly below that.

By the way, I display him with the HH Conan (and the upcoming Belit and Zula vill be added to them when they arrive), which is 12.5 inch tall. (That's also 1/6 scale, as far as I know, Conan was supposed to be around 6 / 6.5 feet tall).

Of course a companion, also in the 1/6 scale and preferably female would be most welcome...

Last edited by stardreamer; 03-14-2009 at 11:14 AM. Reason: spelling error correction
stardreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:19 PM   #15
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardreamer View Post
He's not out of scale, in fact. You must remember that, in the tales, Kull is described as a man around the 7 feet tall. At 1/6 scale, this means he should be 14 inch tall, and in fact at 13.5 inch he is just slightly below that.

By the way, I display him with the HH Conan (and the upcoming Belit and Zula vill be added to them when they arrive), which is 12.5 inch tall. (That's also 1/6 scale, as far as I know, Conan was supposed to be around 6 / 6.5 feet tall).

Of course a companion, also in the 1/6 scale and preferably female would be most welcome...
I didn't know he was so tall! It has been a long time since I have read the stories.

Thanks for the info!
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote