Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-12-2010, 06:42 PM   #11
Relic
The Herculoids

I saw this today and thought it was better then harry potter 1&2. I thought the graphics where really good.
maybe give it a 6.5 or 7/10
Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:50 PM   #12
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Thats cool. Will go and see this on the big screen.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:20 PM   #13
bat_collector
Galactus

I like the book, look forward to the movie
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:56 PM   #14
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

If it comes to the cheaper cinema that I go to, I will see it as I love greek mythology.

Chris columbus wanted a summer release but wanted it out before clash of the titans. I liked the trailer
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:34 PM   #15
IceWing
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Saw this one last night.

I'm a big fan of the book series and was super excited about this movie. I went with 4 other people from work that liked the books, and two that hadn't read them.

Everyone was disappointed. As a fan of the book, they changed the story for no reason. I'm not talking little things, I'm talking several major plot points. I know movies often change stuff, but none of these changes enhanced the source material or improved on it. They actually made it worse. They took a lot of the stuff that made the books cool and original out of it.

The people that had not read the books thought it was just a bad movie. The acting was horrible, character reactions to events didn't make sense, and the story was way too basic (which it is not in the book).

I really hate to say this, but it was not a good movie and not a good adaptation of a book.
IceWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:15 AM   #16
shinrei
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I think Logan Lerman would be a great choice to
play Spider-man.
shinrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:59 AM   #17
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWing View Post
Saw this one last night.

I'm a big fan of the book series and was super excited about this movie. I went with 4 other people from work that liked the books, and two that hadn't read them.

Everyone was disappointed. As a fan of the book, they changed the story for no reason. I'm not talking little things, I'm talking several major plot points. I know movies often change stuff, but none of these changes enhanced the source material or improved on it. They actually made it worse. They took a lot of the stuff that made the books cool and original out of it.

The people that had not read the books thought it was just a bad movie. The acting was horrible, character reactions to events didn't make sense, and the story was way too basic (which it is not in the book).

I really hate to say this, but it was not a good movie and not a good adaptation of a book.
I haven't read the books, but I do know a big change they made was ageing the kids from around 11 to 17 so A) they can avoid even more comparisms to Harry potter and B) they can allow more action scenes in the film
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:56 AM   #18
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWing View Post
Saw this one last night.

Exactly what I was thinking!!!

The book was fun, original, and had some interesting plot twists. This movie changed everything good about the book, and didn't make a better movie out of it.

EXTREMELY disappointing.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:13 PM   #19
metalsquid
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
I saw this today and thought it was better then harry potter 1&2. I thought the graphics where really good.
maybe give it a 6.5 or 7/10
well i never read the books. just watched Lightning Thief and i agree with Relic here. saw the trailer and it looked like a fun movie and for me, it was. nice and light, with just the right dose of mythology thrown in. very predictable, but what movie isn't these days? would love to a see a few more movies based on this franchise. also, saw a couple of nice opportunities for some polystone dioramas from this movie. nothing i would spend my money on, but would make for cool visuals nonetheless.
metalsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:15 PM   #20
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Any movie where Kevin McKidd plays Poseidon can't be that bad
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote