Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-03-2020, 06:44 PM   #201
Ikki
Doh!

Ordered. My first Prime 1 statue :')
Ikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 11:23 PM   #202
Zolos
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Why are the shipping costs so high ?
Zolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 09:26 AM   #203
craigcliff1
Zot

Battleoid was $122.00 for me to US.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 09:30 AM   #204
GaryTonge
Kingpin

I might get this through Secret Compass. I'm getting my Big Chap through them.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 05:24 PM   #205
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativepenalty View Post
Was extremely hype to preorder till I saw the shipping price. 778 to the U.S. Never paid that much shipping for any prime 1 piece, tsume piece or even xm! Sad to say i think I may be out of this one which is unfortunate....really wanted him to go with my Tsume Broly and Tsume Majin Vegeta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Shipping is $249 via economy. Shipping from Spec Fiction or Secret Compass might even be cheaper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
$623 shipping to the UK....yeah that's not happening.

How was Aptom $267 and this is $623...
It’s $1,069 USD to ship to Sydney, Australia, and keep in mind that this distance from Japan to Sydney is less than any US state other than Hawaii and Alaska. (The distance to Sydney is less than the distance to the UK as well).

At current exchange rates it would cost me somewhere around $4,083 AUD or about $2,800 USD to get this in hand after local duties and sales tax. That’s just plain ridiculous for a 1/4 scale, as I could buy a Prime 1 1/2 scale locally (those that were supplied to Popcultcha via Sideshow) for $2,700 AUD or $1,850 USD.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 03:28 AM   #206
Mooste
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
It’s $1,069 USD to ship to Sydney, Australia, and keep in mind that this distance from Japan to Sydney is less than any other US state other than Hawaii and Alaska. (The distance to Sydney is less than the distance to the UK as well).

At current exchange rates it would cost me somewhere around $4,083 AUD or about $2,800 USD to get this in hand after local duties and sales tax. That’s just plain ridiculous for a 1/4 scale, as I could buy a Prime 1 1/2 scale locally (those that were supplied to Popcultcha via Sideshow) for $2,700 AUD or $1,850 USD.
If you order directly from P1 they ship from their China warehouse. At least for the pieces I ordered with them. But even then it is still absurdly expensive.... for me it say's it can't ship to my country (NL). Will try again later to see what shipping is for me.
Mooste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 02:03 PM   #207
dao2
Cyclops

Check the shipping with spec fiction maybe?
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 02:28 PM   #208
SONICobra
Batman

lulz these shipping prices are pure madness theres no way P1 can sustain this, theyre going to have to find a distributor or buy out UPS or something
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 08:51 PM   #209
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
lulz these shipping prices are pure madness theres no way P1 can sustain this, theyre going to have to find a distributor or buy out UPS or something
It's not P1's fault though. It's a number of factors that has to do with a country's logistics, trade agreements, etc.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 09:05 PM   #210
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
It's not P1's fault though. It's a number of factors that has to do with a country's logistics, trade agreements, etc.
I've had shipments made from the US to Australia from Sideshow of 1/3 scale statues (2 in the last few months, one of which came in two boxes) which were 1/4 of what is being charged from Prime 1 to ship this particular 1/4 scale statue.

And for other products that I buy (which aren't as large) shipping is usually cheaper to send from China than it is from the US to reach me here in Australia. Which makes total sense given that China is much closer to me than the US.

I know DHL and other couriers have been supposedly increasing their rates of large scale parcels, but I guess it could be that Sideshow is absorbing a larger portion of the shipping costs than Prime 1, and they probably have a larger bulk discount than that of Prime 1 as well.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote