Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-28-2023, 08:32 AM   #201
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
I can't imagine that this piece is truly worth $1100 to any collector out there. You'll definitely see this piece up for discounts later down the road. Not to mention that the sculpt is just plan hideous! $1100 for a partial bike and a lacking sculpt, shameful.
Agree. For $1,100, a full bike and a huge, elaborate base are needed just to justify an $850 price.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 09:21 AM   #202
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
What the hell?! ?.there goes the good times!

If it was a full bike, I would understand the price. I?m ok with the base being a partial bike ?I dig what they were going for ?but since it?s a partial bike, then the price shouldn?t be that high.
and not even including light up features!!!!!!

the batman on bike has a full bike and even lights up.

what is going on with this world???

nothing makes sense anymore.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 09:27 AM   #203
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Or even this

this would have been great as well, total boss mode
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 10:18 AM   #204
Forps is back
The Avengers

I wrote it in my thread, i'll put also here.

Sideshow needs an EMERGENCY meeting tomorrow morning. An "all-hands" meeting.

The JOKE ends NOW.

That Arsham line (the unpainted, white garage kit line) and this ABOMINATION of a sculpt, the new Ghost Rider, showcase that Sideshow is still living in "La, la, Land".

It reminds me of Sideshow some years ago having tons of people doing NOTHING, simply being on their social media all day or drinking coffee and FOOLING themselves and Sideshow that they "worked".

Sideshow, WAKE UP.

Next 1-1.5 or even 2y are going to be difficult.

You are NOT a Silicon Valley corporation living in a "La, la, Land". EVEN tech companies woke up and made adjustments, fired people fooling themselves and their companies that they "worked" etc.

Sideshow, WAKE UP.

You must operate like a real company living in the REAL world.

And the 1st thing needed is ACCOUNTABILITY.

Question no1.

Who gave the OK for that joke of a line, the line Forps LOATHES? The Arsham white, unpainted garage kits line suited only for billionaires and celebrities living in mansions with 50+ rooms covered only in white marble and having only white furniture ?

The CEO ?

Ok. Then he must admit his mistake in front of all the stuff and promise to NEVER AGAIN take decisions alone, to leave such decisions to EXPERTS.

Question no2.

Who gave the OK for that ABOMINATION, the new Ghost Rider ?

He/she must be held ACCOUNTABLE (if you know what i am implying). Another mistake like this one and....

Question no3.

Who gave the OK for that joke, the new Ghost Rider, to go up for PO without any adjustments and with an outrageous price @ 1100?

He/she must be held ACCOUNTABLE. Another mistake like this one and....

(although i would be a bit more cool with this decision. Sideshow probably predicted extremely low sales for this Ghost Rider seeing the extremely negative feedback, so she pumped up the price to at least get some revenue from guys who were going to order it, no-matter-what)

Question no4.

What is going on with the "Sideshow's South American sculpting clan" ? We are going from one disaster to another.

Martin Canale must IMMEDIATELY step in to clear the mess. In around 2-3 months AT MOST, he is going to decide (after a test procedure, Forps proposed few days ago) which guys (they are at least 3 to be tested) have a REAL talent for this hobby and a REAL talent for sculpting and which guys don't.

My gut feeling is that noone has a talent for this (maybe for XM, LBS or custom world, but not for Sideshow) and the master, Martin, already knows it (and i bet that Will also knows it) but let's leave it to Martin.

Question no5.

Have we signed an exclusive contract with Maria Panfilova ?

If not, what the f..k are you doing ?

There are more things to be discussed tomorrow.

Sideshow must wake up and start operating like a real company living in the REAL world.

The "La, la, la" days of having art directors living in their own world, of having too much slack, of having zero controls are over.

Sideshow must operate like a real company if she wants to survive the hurricane in the hobby.

The 1st step is ACCOUNTABILITY.

Period. End of discussion.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 10:33 AM   #205
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
This price is way too high, but Poison Ivy was 700 a week ago. I wouldn?t claim a trend yet.
Exactly, can't claim a trend, New Ivy is also not as wide or bulky. People keep missing the dimensions of the new ghost rider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS_Sagat_Buyer View Post
That price is nuts. I bought Prime 1 Batman Zero Year on Motorcycle for $1170 shipped, back in January, and I got the full motorcycle lol
I'm not happy about seeing this price point as most because what it means for the rest of the industry. But I have to ask, how long ago now has P1 Batman year zero been out ? You must have gotten a deal also because its listed as $1600 on P1's website.

Also how much do you think XM Ghost Rider would cost today if it was released. It definitely would not be $1100, heck most large XM statues now are over $2000. Everyone who was mad about small galactus wait till you see the price on XM large galactus. SS Juggernaut was $1600, i bet XM's will be also be around $2500

For die hards wanting the full bike i get it SS didn't deliver. But for the rest its saving you space cause you'll have more than just ghost rider in your collection.

With the current market and trends its not badly priced, but I do find it frustrating to see prices keep creeping up.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 10:41 AM   #206
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
This will cost upwards of $1400 after shipping and taxes for some collectors, especially international collectors. Makes me recall back in the day when Red Sonja: She-Devil with a Sword PF debuted at $550 and people had sticker shock because it was a price jump of $150 over the average PF price at the time. Even the thread title included the phrase ?that?s right, $549.99?. How times have changed (or should I say, price). Another step-price increase to bump the pricing into a new bracket. They blew past $1,000 without blinking. This sets a new precedent for sure.
This is the first of what's to come. Some don't agree :, but it's already happened. Wake up.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 10:46 AM   #207
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
This is the first of what's to come. Some don't agree :, but it's already happened. Wake up.
What else do you predict, O Wise Prophet of Doom?
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 10:50 AM   #208
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

This isn't a prediction. We are all reacting to what SS has just done.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 10:50 AM   #209
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
how long ago now has P1 Batman year zero been out ? You must have gotten a deal also because its listed as $1600 on P1's website.
that thing was overpriced when it went up a few years ago, at the time i thought $1100-1200 seemed appropriate for what you were getting and just considering it was P1 whos 1/4 scale pieces were always around $1000. i think the price he paid was a daily deal price, like 30% off with free shipping or a good deal on shipping something like that

it is what it is at this point, prices are not what they were 5 years ago they never will be again. you just have to either be more selective, wait for discounts or call it quits
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 10:53 AM   #210
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Given that many Sideshow collectors, collect nothing but Sideshow, they're sure to suffer from sticker shock. Whereas for those of us who also collect from other manufacturers, may unfortunately have already been made numb by such price points for quite some time now.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote