Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-16-2010, 01:25 AM   #2101
XMAN
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woozie0 View Post
My first statue ever...Sideshow's Venom Comiquette (Reg)!

It's taken me way too long to post these pics but I figure better late than never. I'm a brand new collector and when I saw the Venom piece I thought it would be a good way to start out a collection.

As you probably know, it's a very hard piece to acquire nowadays and I was fortunate enough to get my hands on one through a trade with IronLungs.

What a solid guy! Honest & trustworthy, willing to help a young collector find his way. At the time of the trade, I had a post count of ZERO!

Anyways, that's my story...and here's Venom (I'm new at this so i don't know how to get the pictures to display bigger)...

Attachment 56894

Attachment 56895

Attachment 56896

I wanted to get the EX version but since I couldn't, this is the next best thing...

Attachment 56897

A picture of Venom sitting on a bright red couch.
Not only is this a good way to start.....you started with one of the best Comiquettes available......enjoy and remeber be selective and don't buy everything you see.....
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:34 AM   #2102
woozie0
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN View Post
Not only is this a good way to start.....you started with one of the best Comiquettes available......enjoy and remeber be selective and don't buy everything you see.....
Thanks! Yea I guess the bar is set pretty high now huh...
woozie0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:34 AM   #2103
rabid_wolf
Justice League

Quote:

It's taken me way too long to post these pics but I figure better late than never. I'm a brand new collector and when I saw the Venom piece I thought it would be a good way to start out a collection.

As you probably know, it's a very hard piece to acquire nowadays and I was fortunate enough to get my hands on one through a trade with IronLungs.

What a solid guy! Honest & trustworthy, willing to help a young collector find his way. At the time of the trade, I had a post count of ZERO!

Anyways, that's my story...and here's Venom (I'm new at this so i don't know how to get the pictures to display bigger)...

Attachment 56894

Attachment 56895

Attachment 56896

I wanted to get the EX version but since I couldn't, this is the next best thing...

Attachment 56897

nice first pick up...sure to be a grail in a year or two
rabid_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:26 AM   #2104
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
It already is.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:04 AM   #2105
akumalove
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
If I saw you in person Christina i'd be very surprised to find out you had a huge collection haha you dont look like the type. My family is Italian and my relatives back home think my collection is the weirdest thing haha its definatley not huge in europe, what kinda comments do you get on yours from your friends/family?
Haha, well the time I told my boyfriend that I collect he was very surprised as well, but he liked it a lot! Grow up in an environment like me and you have no chance to become an "average woman": my father was in the Belgian army and we had to move every year and always lost my friends (lived in Heathrow UK, Zaventem, Oostende Belgium, many places in Germany, Kroatia, ... never ending story) Also my mum is from Greece and I have A LOT (!!!) male relatives in Athens and Konitza (north of Greece).
But is it really that wrong to collect? I like shopping, going to the hairdresser, traveling too, but not all the time Look at ringu_girl, my collection is like a Barbie-collection in comparison to hers haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTACUS View Post
Christina, is that what you look like?

Your Hot Girl!
Lol yes that’s me, thanks for the compliment but I’m not so young you could call me a girl anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
I do this not only for selfless reasons, but because I myself am pretty damn jealous. If I found out my woman was telling some dude how cute he was on a forum, or anywhere else for that matter, there would be blood! No I am not blind, but I do have some minor control of what I reveal and what I do not.
That is a good point, sorry next time I only post a pic of the boots (just to prove I really got the “Buffy”-Boots ), did not thought I would stir up trouble with a harmless pic
Christina
akumalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:33 AM   #2106
Spartacus
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumalove View Post
Haha, well the time I told my boyfriend that I collect he was very surprised as well, but he liked it a lot! Grow up in an environment like me and you have no chance to become an "average woman": my father was in the Belgian army and we had to move every year and always lost my friends (lived in Heathrow UK, Zaventem, Oostende Belgium, many places in Germany, Kroatia, ... never ending story) Also my mum is from Greece and I have A LOT (!!!) male relatives in Athens and Konitza (north of Greece).
But is it really that wrong to collect? I like shopping, going to the hairdresser, traveling too, but not all the time Look at ringu_girl, my collection is like a Barbie-collection in comparison to hers haha

Lol yes that’s me, thanks for the compliment but I’m not so young you could call me a girl anymore

That is a good point, sorry next time I only post a pic of the boots (just to prove I really got the “Buffy”-Boots ), did not thought I would stir up trouble with a harmless pic
Christina

Christina, you’re welcome!

Also the girl saying is slang! I know you’re not a girl, and by your beautiful pics, far from it!

You just keep posting those pics of yourself and don’t worry about the forum, they will be fine! they are big boys!

So when can we see some update close up pics?
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:45 AM   #2107
akumalove
Kindly Asked To Leave

Thanks Spartacus,
was planning to take some nice pics with the 2 Guiles that are coming (my absolute favorite good guy Street Fighter together with the bad guy Bison).
By the way why there is no User Pics Thread here like on many other forums?
I would like to see how other members look like.
Christina
akumalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:47 AM   #2108
Spartacus
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Thanks Spartacus,
was planning to take some nice pics with the 2 Guiles that are coming (my absolute favorite good guy Street Fighter together with the bad guy Bison).
Christina
First, We cant wait that long until you get the two Guiles! Please post pics of your self ASAP!

Second, i think its because we don't want to scare one another on the forum!
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:45 AM   #2109
anakin1138
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:

Attachment 56894

Attachment 56895

Attachment 56896

Attachment 56897

Congrats woozie, you'll see Venom will be the first of a long serie
anakin1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:15 AM   #2110
anakin1138
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Thanks Spartacus,
Christina
Actually we have one on the Sideshow Freaks Forum... anyway here's me with my friends! Ciao Christina how are you? I've seen your Street Fighter collection and it's impressive... would love to have had the chance to complete the line... I'll get only Chun Li! chus

anakin1138 is offline   Reply With Quote