Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyguy666 View Post
I fixed it for you!
Just can't keep away...

#getalife
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 08:40 PM   #2142
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post
Steve Wang is hardcore Vegan. I'm sure he appreciates the synthetic leather. Plus. P! said they are making this to honor the CM version so I suppose it all works out...
Like I care. Lol... What does Steve Wang have anything to do with how our money's spent? He ain't working on this, so it's irrelevant. They're just taking the cheap way out. Well that's that I guess...
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 08:49 PM   #2143
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Real leather isn't expensive. Goat or lambskin can be obtained rather easily for minimal cost and be thin enough to be properly scaled down in 1/3, so cost really shouldn't be an issue here. It's whether or not they actually make the effort to do so.

Plasticized faux leather will deteriorate quickly any any warm or humid climate, which for many of us is just where we live.

If it can't be real leather, I hope they find a really nice solution that won't be plasticized. I'd rather it be a faux suede then since that won't deteriorate the same way.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 08:50 PM   #2144
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

\dumb forum, double posting
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 09:16 PM   #2145
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

I think I would prefer fully sculpted but there are other mixed medial elements of the statue such as the netting, arm wraps and waist tie. I never thought about it before to be honest, I’m fine if it’s pleather, leather or whatever. As long as it looks good and doesn’t fall apart. I’m not going to be handling this piece, I don’t see how would fall apart but it sounds like you guys know better than me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Duplicate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Duplicate
Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
\dumb forum, double posting
How about every time the site does this double post BS we post a pic/still from the movie?
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 09:17 PM   #2146
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Prime 1 is nuts but not as nuts as Queen. I think Queen would have already showed one.

A bust and a full statue? Why don't you have them anymore?
Nah man, 2 full size statues. I had one that was latex and one that was resin. Sold the latex because the paint and some of the finer details weren't up to my liking and it being latex. Sold the resin because the super stiff pose just became meh to me within a year. I'm pretty picky with Predator statues that actually STAY in my collection. Had 2 CM's at a point as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomis View Post
It is still not confirmed BUT
1) they can't use real leather for sure (I can imagine the animalists screaming just talking about this idea)...
and:
2)even Prime1, with its 2K€+ statues, just like Sideshow, uses the same cheap faux paper-leather material (many 1:3 Batman capes are fading away in the dust) so most likely, this 1:3 pred will share the same fate
Not sure what the OG SS P1 maquette used, but after all these years, the skirt hasn't deteriorated. As long as P1 doesn't use the cheap crap SS used for the Wolf LSF, I'm not too concerned.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 10:17 PM   #2147
qz33
Baron Zemo

Dude you just King Konged in this thread.

Can't imagine having the one in the 2nd pic and switching to this P1 one. I can maybe understand about the price differential and the pose but for me this P1 pose one isn't much better.
Those pics literally look like the 1/4 or this 1/3 made lifesize.

Were all the parts from original molds (body,armor,head, etc.) ?

EDIT: Is that the Carnage comiquette to the left above the monkey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Nah man, 2 full size statues. I had one that was latex and one that was resin. Sold the latex because the paint and some of the finer details weren't up to my liking and it being latex. Sold the resin because the super stiff pose just became meh to me within a year. I'm pretty picky with Predator statues that actually STAY in my collection. Had 2 CM's at a point as well.

qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 10:32 PM   #2148
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Thats the problem with life size imo. No dynamics to it. No life.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 01:12 AM   #2149
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Dude you just King Konged in this thread.

Can't imagine having the one in the 2nd pic and switching to this P1 one. I can maybe understand about the price differential and the pose but for me this P1 pose one isn't much better.
Those pics literally look like the 1/4 or this 1/3 made lifesize.

Were all the parts from original molds (body,armor,head, etc.) ?

EDIT: Is that the Carnage comiquette to the left above the monkey?
It may have been different if I actually owned a house at the time, but I was in my early-mid 20s when I had those, so knew there would be a lot of moving left in my future. I couldn't have imagined trying to move those. Since those photos, I have moved 4x. I would have a house now if not for the pandemic, but I'm very hopeful I will have a good place for the Prime version once it comes. The poses are similar, but even the CM Pred pose had much better fluidity than my old life size ones.

The armor, body and notice P2 hands were all OG molds. Armor is actually apart of the mold, not separate. The cannon and backpack on the resin statue were all fan sculpted, but positioned accurately. The head was from the OG molds too, but not the Bio itself. I had a OG bio finished and painted for the latex statue.

And yes, that was my old Carnage comi lol. I enjoyed having those for as long as I did, but I do like the entire package this Prime version gives you. 1/3 is truly huge for a Predator statue. You get a nice base and it's relatively mover friendly. There were just too many nit picks I had on the life size pieces for what I paid on them. The resin version was better, but I loved that spine trophy on the latex one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
Thats the problem with life size imo. No dynamics to it. No life.
agreed. The only full life size piece I have to date is a AWIL Wolf and that's great to me, but most full sized pieces in the custom world have very stiff appearances. Companies like SS and QS have done some amazing jobs with some of the stuff they put out. A good base on a life size piece can make a huge difference as well. I think a 1/3 Predator is just a perfect size for the character.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 03:49 AM   #2150
qz33
Baron Zemo

Skull looks fantastic.
Yeah definite lack of dynamism on life size pieces. That is one of the reasons I prefer busts or torsos because so often full lifesize pieces enter that uncanny valley where your mind expects something with those proportions to be moving not static.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote