Old 01-09-2024, 02:25 PM   #2252
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Devil's Reign Omnibus Ordered
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 12:42 AM   #2253
Mister H
Ultimates

The Thor omnibus by Straczynski and Gillen will be coming out in the next week or so so I ordered two Epic Collections to go with it. The Black Galaxy and Ulik Unchained books. This will mark the point of no more Thor for me. All the Thor that I’ll want that is. I now have all the Thor, X-Men, Avengers, Moon Knight and cross-over events that I’ll ever want. There is still some Cap, Punisher and Silver Surfer content that I need but not a whole lot. Not only am I almost finished with statue buying but also with comics, not only Marvel but DC as well. Sort of a bittersweet feeling.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 03:22 AM   #2254
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
The Thor omnibus by Straczynski and Gillen will be coming out in the next week or so so I ordered two Epic Collections to go with it. The Black Galaxy and Ulik Unchained books. This will mark the point of no more Thor for me. All the Thor that I?ll want that is. I now have all the Thor, X-Men, Avengers, Moon Knight and cross-over events that I?ll ever want. There is still some Cap, Punisher and Silver Surfer content that I need but not a whole lot. Not only am I almost finished with statue buying but also with comics, not only Marvel but DC as well. Sort of a bittersweet feeling.
I’ve got the original Staczynski Thor Omnibus and the Gillen TPB that finishes the story after JMS left. Also the first Black Galaxy trade, which I recommend. I’m kind of done collecting comics and statues, too, and have spent the last several months reading my vast trade book collections and basking in my statue collection. Pretty satisfied with what I’ve got after all these decades but also agree it’s a bit of a bittersweet feeling.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 09:46 AM   #2255
protector2814
Phoenix

Like you 2 guys, I'm more-or-less done. I do drive over to the lcs when a new issue of Conan hits & do intend to also buy Titan's new Savage Sword mag when that hits. But, those are the only comics I'll now buy. I think my last statue purchase was Bowen's Dracula. I have a room full of statues but feel I no longer need to add to it. Like Joe, I'm enjoying my trades (mostly pre-code horror, & will pull runs or single issues from my collection when I feel like it. Just finished everything I own my Mark Millar & had a blast. I no longer want to add.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 11:50 AM   #2256
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Oh, come on guys... There will be other good comic book runs in the future with the big two by veteran or new comer comic book creative teams. How can you be so sure there won't be any good runs or events with the big two anymore ?????
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 12:37 PM   #2257
Mister H
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Oh, come on guys... There will be other good comic book runs in the future with the big two by veteran or new comer comic book creative teams. How can you be so sure there won't be any good runs or events with the big two anymore ?????
There will be hidden jewels here and there probably but:

a. Stories don?t have quite the punch as when they are new or just a few years old.

b. Characters have been retconed, changed for modern audiences, killed/brought back to life so many times that it?s hard to see them the same way.

c. I?m tired of being preached at by so called creative types.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 12:49 PM   #2258
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
There will be hidden jewels here and there probably but:

a. Stories don?t have quite the punch as when they are new or just a few years old.

b. Characters have been retconed, changed for modern audiences, killed/brought back to life so many times that it?s hard to see them the same way.

c. I?m tired of being preached at by so called creative types.
All of this. I will pick up a comic series now and then but I?ve been so let down on every title these last few years I?ve become disgusted with spending money on drek I can?t stand.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 01:00 PM   #2259
qz33
Baron Zemo

Comics have gotten too big for their own good. This is what we fans longed for for so long. Not much good comes out of a corporate committee.

Forget reading, even just flipping through at the store I cannot find titles with art good enough I'd want to look at long enough to read!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 01:40 PM   #2260
protector2814
Phoenix

Once again, I have to agree with Mister H & wktf. I'll add that publishing schedules have thrown me too, also the constant revivals & new #1s. I wish companies would just stick with original numbering.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote