Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-02-2020, 01:05 PM   #2381
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
Ozark Seasons 1, 2 and a few episodes of 3

If ever a show was about completely unlovable and unsympathetic characters, this is it. I started and stopped each seasons more times than I can recall and couldn't even be bothered with finishing season 3.

I guess if you appreciate watching people self destruct and screw themselves and everyone else they know, it's a good show for you. Me, I couldn't care less if every character died. Hard to watch a show when there's no one to root for.
Hm. Breaking Bad was Similar and I consider that one of the best shows ever.
Old 05-02-2020, 01:24 PM   #2382
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
ROFL. That is the most honest review I have ever read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
It's like a train wreck, you don't want to see the bloody bodies but you can't turn away either...
Honestly, it's only because we're "locked down" and I'm home so much that I even got through seasons 1 and 2. When there was absolutely NOTHING else to watch, I'd throw on another episode in the hopes I'd find ONE character to care about. Nope, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Hm. Breaking Bad was Similar and I consider that one of the best shows ever.
Yeah, but you didn't like Guardians of the Galaxy, so your opinion is suspect at best

Regarding BB, my wife and I got through 3 or 4 episodes before giving up on that.

I hate, HATE, what I refer to as "Three's Company" shows. That entire show's premise was that people wouldn't open their mouth, which then requires some elaborate scheme to hide something, the scheme being 10 times harder than just opening your mouth to begin with. I don't find show's like this funny or entertaining, I find them to be stupid.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 08:45 PM   #2383
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Have you watched Shameless, Big G? That is another show of totally deplorable people that just can’t be turned away from.

I’m almost done with season 2 of OZARK and LOVE it. Not like Breaking Bad level of love, but I think she show is great.

And I find myself rooting for Ruth. She is worth hoping for. I hope she breaks the cycle enough just to get the hell away from her father. And, I mean, Wendy opened her mouth in the first episode and told the kids everything. I’d say they have all been pretty transparent about their totally sh!tty, corrupt behavior. We were cracking up in the scenes where Jonah was telling his parents about his shell companies/laundering.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 08:49 PM   #2384
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
I hate, HATE, what I refer to as "Three's Company" shows. That entire show's premise was that people wouldn't open their mouth, which then requires some elaborate scheme to hide something, the scheme being 10 times harder than just opening your mouth to begin with. I don't find show's like this funny or entertaining, I find them to be stupid.
How is Breaking Bad a "Three's Company" show?
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 08:55 PM   #2385
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Interesting.....a double post with a post in between. Exotic.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 08:57 PM   #2386
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Better Call Saul - Season 5

I didn't think it was possible, but I like this show more than Breaking Bad. 10/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 10:46 PM   #2387
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post

Better Call Saul - Season 5

I didn't think it was possible, but I like this show more than Breaking Bad. 10/10
I feel the same. If someone would’ve told me that going into the series I’d have never believed it.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 11:01 PM   #2388
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I feel the same. If someone would’ve told me that going into the series I’d have never believed it.
when it was first announced i couldn't for the life of me figure out why they'd pick Saul of all people to get a spinoff. figured it'd end up being some weird case of the week sitcom style show, i sure was wrong.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 12:01 AM   #2389
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
How is Breaking Bad a "Three's Company" show?
I was referring to Ozark in that reference.
Old 05-03-2020, 12:44 PM   #2390
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Have you watched Shameless, Big G? That is another show of totally deplorable people that just can’t be turned away from.

I’m almost done with season 2 of OZARK and LOVE it. Not like Breaking Bad level of love, but I think she show is great.

And I find myself rooting for Ruth. She is worth hoping for. I hope she breaks the cycle enough just to get the hell away from her father. And, I mean, Wendy opened her mouth in the first episode and told the kids everything. I’d say they have all been pretty transparent about their totally sh!tty, corrupt behavior. We were cracking up in the scenes where Jonah was telling his parents about his shell companies/laundering.
I've never even heard of it to be honest. My wife and I aren't big on following tv series/shows on a regular basis. If we get super bored, we'll see if there's a series to check out, but we don't follow much of anything on "regular" tv.