Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Old 08-20-2006, 10:30 PM   #231
Archangel
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Why aren't these sold out yet?
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 11:03 PM   #232
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

because not enough forum members are embracing the idea of one of the top sculptors in the industry creating variants / exclusives for this forum while no other forum has ever had any. i might just change them to ComicStatues.com exclusives.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 12:32 AM   #233
Vandle
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by d rod
because not enough forum members are embracing the idea of one of the top sculptors in the industry creating variants / exclusives for this forum while no other forum has ever had any. i might just change them to ComicStatues.com exclusives.
I find that rather sad , I think this is one of the coolest things going for collecting. I think its GREAT D Rod , Keep up the great work
Vandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 12:55 AM   #234
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

you'd figure that years from now, if there's something about collecting that you can embrace is this "club" that we have going, friends that you have made and tons of hours that you have spent online. if there's a piece or line that will always remind you (because it will be named after different members), it would be the zombie line. regardless if you like them or not, it would be a constant reminder of those friends and times. but, i seem to be in the minority of that opinion. i'm actually planning to start advertising them on wizard and other magazines to draw a bigger crowd. I'm probably going to keep the "forum names" going but make it a comicstatues exclusive so I can draw a larger audience. i'm still excited as many are but I don't think there are enough for me keep this as a low profile item especially since zombie / horror pieces are in right now.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:16 AM   #235
BobbyW
The Beast

I ordered the witchblade statue and would have ordered the Zombie bust if it had my name on it, or something other than a random forum person. Although there are a few members who I have had the fortunate luck of talking to and dealing with, I would not want an item with their name on it.

Probably, only Drod since this is his forum. Then the bust would have meaning to it as being part of Statueforum.com
BobbyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:34 AM   #236
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyW
I ordered the witchblade statue and would have ordered the Zombie bust if it had my name on it, or something other than a random forum person. Although there are a few members who I have had the fortunate luck of talking to and dealing with, I would not want an item with their name on it.

Probably, only Drod since this is his forum. Then the bust would have meaning to it as being part of Statueforum.com
agreeable point. but, the problem is that we cannot include everyone's name on there. for the most part, many don't even know who "ick" is since he changed his forum id name but it just made a good zombie name. also, we cannot have names such as "galactus" or "darth" since they are copyrighted. we will then have to go by their real first names. so if one is to be dedicated to a forum contest winner who's real name is "Steve", as long as that name can be used (Steve might be an upcoming character or current one that's not a zombie yet), it shouldn't really matter. there are two that will be out in November. Nate and Vince. What if Vince was a forum member? Don't think it would really matter. It shouldn't detract from the value. Now, if it was named "Ick" and I said I made up that name, would it make a difference? I'm just trying to figure this out. Clay does want to make a drod. He actually wanted that as his first piece but not as a variant, as an exclusive original. I was against it being the first one because I didn't want anyone to think that I was pushing something with my name on it. He also wasn't going to have time sculpting one from the point we made the deal (San Diego) and the point we wanted the first one showed (Chicago) which was 1 week.
Anyways, the name thing was a concern but they have to be named, that name was cool and really wasn't even being used any longer so I figured it shouldn't make a difference since he is sporting a StatueForum t-shirt (and you can always paint over the name).
I do appreciate the feedback. It helps me plan these things out a bit better and know what to do for future pieces / exclusives.

Last edited by d rod; 08-21-2006 at 01:36 AM.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:23 AM   #237
HardHeroine
A day without sunshine is like... night.

heyho,

I ordered two Witchblade Exclusives, so don't blame me

I did not order the Ick bust because..

1. I am not into zombie things
2. I am not into busts at all (except for a few by Moore...)

Anyway, I hope the Exclusive lines to have success!! Great idea and anyone who hasn't already should support this great special!!!

just a few words from an oversea-collector
HardHeroine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 03:57 AM   #238
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I've put an order in for one of these Not a bust collector though.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 05:44 AM   #239
BobbyW
The Beast

Quote:
agreeable point. but, the problem is that we cannot include everyone's name on there. for the most part, many don't even know who "ick" is since he changed his forum id name but it just made a good zombie name. also, we cannot have names such as "galactus" or "darth" since they are copyrighted. we will then have to go by their real first names. so if one is to be dedicated to a forum contest winner who's real name is "Steve", as long as that name can be used (Steve might be an upcoming character or current one that's not a zombie yet), it shouldn't really matter. there are two that will be out in November. Nate and Vince. What if Vince was a forum member? Don't think it would really matter. It shouldn't detract from the value. Now, if it was named "Ick" and I said I made up that name, would it make a difference? I'm just trying to figure this out. Clay does want to make a drod. He actually wanted that as his first piece but not as a variant, as an exclusive original. I was against it being the first one because I didn't want anyone to think that I was pushing something with my name on it. He also wasn't going to have time sculpting one from the point we made the deal (San Diego) and the point we wanted the first one showed (Chicago) which was 1 week.
Anyways, the name thing was a concern but they have to be named, that name was cool and really wasn't even being used any longer so I figured it shouldn't make a difference since he is sporting a StatueForum t-shirt (and you can always paint over the name).
I do appreciate the feedback. It helps me plan these things out a bit better and know what to do for future pieces / exclusives.
Well stated Sir Drod. Your point makes sense and possibly has changed my mind.
BobbyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:45 AM   #240
Endless Wake
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
because not enough forum members are embracing the idea of one of the top sculptors in the industry creating variants / exclusives for this forum while no other forum has ever had any.
Could be too much at once. SF Thing payments due plus SF Witchblade and SF Ick all within two weeks, besides the usual BD, SS, DF, & HH product. I'm sure collectors will embrace these new exclusives eventually, but now that the initial hype is over it's going to require a little pushing.
Endless Wake is offline   Reply With Quote