Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-26-2022, 06:34 PM   #2431
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
That?s the one, Peedi!! I don't need the screaming face, but a strong expression would work just fine.

I think they are going to be making Storm front and center in the MCU (and not linked to BP). Disney is all about diversity and Storm checks all the boxes. I just hope MCU has everyone be an adult. I don?t need kids. I need XMen who can stand again Avengers and Eternals. The comics are pushing Eternals now, which is obviously because Disney is trying to make them relevant.
I agree with the face.

For the MCU I’m ok either way. Spider-Man being my favorite character I wasn’t pleased they went with high school for the MCU but as Civil War got closer I realized going younger will give the character the chance to grow on screen. And that’s exactly what they did with him. Same might be true for X-Men. Fox has shown many of the X-Men at all stages of life for different movies so everybody will have a preference. It?s something we’ve seen before.

But it could go either way. In the MCU Kate Bishop is older than Peter Parker, so who knows what their take will be (or if they’ve even figured it out yet).

What I do hope is that the X-Men are already established, much like the 1st Fox movie. Just put the popular characters in the school already.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 08:32 PM   #2432
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

She came out even better than I hoped for. I'm still interested to see her in a brighter space (the video seemed like the lights were pretty dim). I am really happy I sold my XM one for the crazy price it was going for. From the unboxing video I think this SS version beats the XM. I'll wait to make final judgment until I get her in hand.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 09:08 PM   #2433
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Please someone make this Storm happen in statue form, it would be Epic.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 11:37 PM   #2434
becakbagus
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
Please someone make this Storm happen in statue form, it would be Epic.
I agree....yes, that would be great
becakbagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 07:04 AM   #2435
AC_808
Hercules

Storm has always been nicely drawn. There's been a couple bad costumes, but for the most part Storm has looked great. I'd get a statue of Storm in any of her costumes.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 08:29 AM   #2436
Demona
Lex Luthor

Totally agree. That's why I'm so frustrated with the constant rehashing of the Lee suit - which IMO is the least attractive. Any of her black suits are better than it.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 09:48 AM   #2437
AC_808
Hercules

Yea, one statue of Storm in her Jim Lee costume is enough. Still need a Savage Land Storm and original black costume Storm. Or any of her black costume at this point.
Old 04-27-2022, 01:40 PM   #2438
Demona
Lex Luthor

Man, I would love a great Savage Land statue. The image in my avatar is for a custom statue that is being made now and it looks amazing - it's just too rich for my blood right now. Also, since I haven't ordered any custom pieces, I'm concerned if it would come as shown. If it was for sure going to - WOWZA. I would happily pay the price and have my first (close to) 1:3 scale statue.

But back to our regularly scheduled program of this fabulous comic accurate Jim Lee Storm statue by Sideshow
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 02:47 PM   #2439
AC_808
Hercules

Wondered about your avatar. Just assumed you have it on order. But you're right ...it is a crap shoot sometimes with customs.

Anyhow ...back on topic ...
Old 04-28-2022, 11:17 PM   #2440
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Totally agree. That's why I'm so frustrated with the constant rehashing of the Lee suit - which IMO is the least attractive. Any of her black suits are better than it.
Yup, that's exactly how I feel. I hate Lee's Cyclops costume just as much as I hate Storm's.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote