Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-02-2021, 07:50 AM   #241
Shreiko
Frackin!

Hoping they show this in their next showcase this january. I heard it releases in March. It also seems like Spec-fiction has sold out of the DX version, this is a very popular piece. I am hopeful that I don't end up liking any more collaboration pieces from P1, all of them are much more expensive than the their non-collaborative pieces in the same scale class. This piece is lovely but I think too highly priced for a 1/4 scale, and that's going by Prime 1's pricing patterns.
Shreiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 07:02 AM   #242
Shreiko
Frackin!

Anyone know what the situation is with this? Any recent updates from P1? The last time they showed or spoke about this was quite some time ago far as I know. Seems like release is slated for some time between March-June. My gut is telling me it will get delayed again. This is probably one of the most popular if not the most popular piece they have done. At the very least I think this has the largest combined ES of any piece they have released at 4750 total units. I don't know exactly how that affects production and it really shouldn't but it adds to my feeling that this will get delayed once more.

What do you guys think?
Shreiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 03:25 AM   #243
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

In hand pics posted on Facebook of the regular. Pretty happy I passed tbh, the under base is just horrible, the gold and the dragon look so cheap, the design is just awful, like something you'd find in a cheap KO pvc figure from China...why didn't they change it to something more classy.

In fact the whole thing looks a bit cheap to me honestly...there's much better looking and much better priced pieces out there imo.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 04:10 AM   #244
Mooste
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Got a link of those inhand pics?
Mooste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 04:54 AM   #245
BurningRage
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooste View Post
Got a link of those inhand pics?
Go to tang brothers market collectibles fb page
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 05:39 AM   #246
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Would've loved to purchased this but no way in hell was I going to pay that price. Blatant price gouge.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 06:28 AM   #247
Mooste
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Go to tang brothers market collectibles fb page
Thanks!
Mooste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 08:48 AM   #248
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
In hand pics posted on Facebook of the regular. Pretty happy I passed tbh, the under base is just horrible, the gold and the dragon look so cheap, the design is just awful, like something you'd find in a cheap KO pvc figure from China...why didn't they change it to something more classy.

In fact the whole thing looks a bit cheap to me honestly...there's much better looking and much better priced pieces out there imo.
I disagree with almost everything you've said here. I think this turned out quite well. From the horrible pics posted, looks to be true to the prototype. I think if you didn't like the prototype, you're probably not going to like this.

Light up and effect look great. Looks to be on par with the Tsume Vegeta which is probably the best DBZ statue out there ATM.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 11:35 AM   #249
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I like everything about the proto from that base up but this has really lost something, hope other pictures prove me wrong for those who have dropped $1000+ on him.

The face looks particularly bad, paints don't look good, everything look flat, plastic, cheap look imo...which is not something i associate with Prime 1.

Tsume Vegeta is a great piece and so is Broly and as far as 1/4 goes licensed they probably are the cream of the crop, still think F4 Goku Vs Vegeta is best imo and there's lots of great alternatives out there...and better stuff to come.

For the price this should be as i always expect from Prime 1, a definitive piece and shouldn't leave anyone wanting....i have a feeling this might not be that.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 01:02 PM   #250
GaryTonge
Kingpin

I don't know how as collectors, we are still falling into this trap with the first photos that come out. Somehow, they're always bad. These in particular are horrid.

I'll reserve judgement until we see better photos. That being said, this still doesn't look like a significant departure from the proto.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote