Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Digital Photography

Old 12-22-2023, 03:00 PM   #241
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Great Absorbing Man kit.

Yeah, I think I remember Randy talking about digital sculpting in an interview a few years ago and saying it wasn't something he ever really dove into personally. I think almost all, if not all, of his Bowen work is hand sculpted. That makes the Odin you posted even more impressive.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 05:27 PM   #242
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

This is one of the best Thor statues I know (unfortunately only from photos)

When I first saw a photo of this Thor statue I thought someone had created the whirling hammer in Photoshop.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 07:24 PM   #243
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Great Absorbing Man kit.

Yeah, I think I remember Randy talking about digital sculpting in an interview a few years ago and saying it wasn't something he ever really dove into personally. I think almost all, if not all, of his Bowen work is hand sculpted. That makes the Odin you posted even more impressive.
Thanks! overall I'm happy how it turned out, every little build i learn a little more, which is all you can ask for in a hobby. It's the Koma Designs kit, on eBay right now...been there for a while. It's listed a 1:6 scale, it's smaller, right around Bowen 1:7 scale. I built him on a Bowen Dawn base i picked up a while back for cheap, just barely fits his wide stance.

I LOVE the Absorbing Man. I relate to the character absorbing everything he comes across, both good and bad. I wanted Randy's unapproved sneaked Absorbing Man sculpt, but it never saw the light of day, this Koma designs kit was the next best option. I loved Randy's sculpt but he was just way too big. i think the Koma Designs kit has his scale perfect.

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 01:36 PM   #244
jeremydmc
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post

This is one of the best Thor statues I know (unfortunately only from photos)

When I first saw a photo of this Thor statue I thought someone had created the whirling hammer in Photoshop.
I?ve wanted this statue for a very long time. Seeing it again in this thread made me do some searching on eBay and I found one for $400 and put it in my watchlist. They dropped the price last night to $300 and I did a buy it now. I cannot wait to have it. Never seen one sell for that cheap since I have been looking.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 01:43 PM   #245
mmk123

That statue always goes for very big money on eBay and it’s understandable because it is a fantastic statue.
I think out of all of the characters that Randy Bowen ever sculpted he absolutely mastered Thor I don’t think he produced a single bad Thor statue, or mini-bust.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 09:07 PM   #246
Philintheblank

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Thanks! overall I'm happy how it turned out, every little build i learn a little more, which is all you can ask for in a hobby. It's the Koma Designs kit, on eBay right now...been there for a while. It's listed a 1:6 scale, it's smaller, right around Bowen 1:7 scale. I built him on a Bowen Dawn base i picked up a while back for cheap, just barely fits his wide stance.

I LOVE the Absorbing Man. I relate to the character absorbing everything he comes across, both good and bad. I wanted Randy's unapproved sneaked Absorbing Man sculpt, but it never saw the light of day, this Koma designs kit was the next best option. I loved Randy's sculpt but he was just way too big. i think the Koma Designs kit has his scale perfect.

Wow...first time seeing this one. Definitely way too big lol but pretty sweet. I've been eyeing the Koma kit for a few years now but haven't pulled the trigger...don't want to pay for a paint job. The bust is a nice consolation.
Old 12-30-2023, 05:28 PM   #247
jeremydmc
Suicide Squad

Finally got my action Thor....been wanting one for years. The pics Shogun posted spurred me into "action" and I found one for a great price! Just a quick pic of my Bowen shelf.

jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 06:12 PM   #248
Mister H
Ultimates

Nice Bowen display. If that Modern Thor museum pose was in 1/4 scale it would be the perfect "super" hero statue.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2023, 08:36 PM   #249
mmk123

Jeremy, that is a great display (but then again, any Bowen display is a great display)

Congrats on the Thor action purchase.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 01:37 PM   #250
Philintheblank

Great setup. Congrats on the pickup...great time to buy right now...