Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 08-01-2014, 07:45 AM   #2801
Sabinator
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Disappointed from the photos i've seen so far, if the pics on Sideshow's site were of the current version of Scorpion i probably wouldn't of purchased it really wish they kept to the proto version oh well
Sabinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:02 AM   #2802
Whirl Wind Boy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

I still haven't seen anything that looks 100% changed from the proto other than the leg pattern, which is more game accurate like someone said.

Comparing a professionally shot photo to a cell phone photo, and than judging a statue is ludicrous.
Whirl Wind Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:06 AM   #2803
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirl Wind Boy View Post
I still haven't seen anything that looks 100% changed from the proto other than the leg pattern, which is more game accurate like someone said.

Comparing a professionally shot photo to a cell phone photo, and than judging a statue is ludicrous.
the new head is longer and more cartoony. the swap out ninja skull face is the size of the original proto face. you can tell quite easily by pics.

still looks great
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:09 AM   #2804
Oni_Akuma_1982
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

It's really cool to see that you guys understood what we said about lights etc.
Oni_Akuma_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:57 AM   #2805
Liad
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

What are people's thoughts on the other Ninjas? For me, it seems like Scorpion is the only one that would suffer big QC issues, as he is the most unique out of the trio. Sub-zero and Reptile are identical with the exception of switch-out hands and color, but Scorpion is a unique sculpt, being a lot beefier than the others, and having a different face.
Liad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:18 AM   #2806
Ballsagne
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Honestly my thoughts are while I only ordered Sub Zero and Smoke, Im guessing they are going to look similar to Scorpion since they are just arm and color swaps. I already wasnt sure if I wanted to keep these or return them etc, but lets just say these scorpion pics dont have me too excited about them. Of course this is not PCS fault these are accurate and everything, its just compared to the MK9 pieces (specifically sub zero in this case) these feel boring to me. Of course that could change when I have them in hand, but Im not counting on it
Ballsagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:26 AM   #2807
Whirl Wind Boy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballsagne View Post
Honestly my thoughts are while I only ordered Sub Zero and Smoke, Im guessing they are going to look similar to Scorpion since they are just arm and color swaps. I already wasnt sure if I wanted to keep these or return them etc, but lets just say these scorpion pics dont have me too excited about them. Of course this is not PCS fault these are accurate and everything, its just compared to the MK9 pieces (specifically sub zero in this case) these feel boring to me. Of course that could change when I have them in hand, but Im not counting on it
So why did you order? If you think the sculpt is "boring" what has changed about the piece since it went up for order?
Whirl Wind Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:27 AM   #2808
Oni_Akuma_1982
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

You can't compare both line. When you order a classic Ninja you know you will have something more " simple " than a MK9 statue. To me this is an emotional line and this is way more important of another skin which will change on every new game but the Klassic will be the Klassic forever.
Oni_Akuma_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:40 AM   #2809
Vracula
Jedi Order

Comparing Klassic to modern is ridiculous IMHO.I really cant see why you cant like both if yr an MK fan.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:57 AM   #2810
Hanzo
I am da law!

The classic line is for the older generation that can appreciate when less is more, to me it doesnt get any better than the mk3 designs, specially the ninja designs
Hanzo is offline   Reply With Quote