Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-08-2023, 02:22 PM   #29571
Mister H
Ultimates

The Quiet Girl

Not sure how to rate movies like this. It was a very well made movie, authentic acting and well paced so I guess it's an 8/10. But man that flic was a gut punch.

Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 02:23 PM   #29572
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

The Marvels 7/10

It was a nice super hero flick. I wish Kamala was an Inhuman though. She isn't even an Inhuman in the comics anymore... Seeds of Future of MCU were planted in the end of the film and in the mid-credits sceen. There is no sceen at the end of the credits so no need to wait for all credits to end.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 08:55 PM   #29573
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
The Marvels 7/10

It was a nice super hero flick. I wish Kamala was an Inhuman though. She isn't even an Inhuman in the comics anymore... Seeds of Future of MCU were planted in the end of the film and in the mid-credits sceen. There is no sceen at the end of the credits so no need to wait for all credits to end.
Interesting. Just saw a 1/10 rating from someone on FB.
Old 11-10-2023, 09:23 PM   #29574
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Interesting. Just saw a 1/10 rating from someone on FB.
The Reviwer is probably a Brie Larson hater. Brie Larson made some comments like ''comic book fans are dominantly white males and i don't like that'' so there are alot of people among the ''dominant fandom'' that hates on her.

On the other hand you don't like Guardians of The Galaxy films (you were very vocal about it lol) and Guardians of Galaxy films are my favorite Marvel films. Top 3. So may be you don't like the Marvels as well. It was mostly comedy after all. Even Nick Fury was funny in it. I liked funny Nick Fury. (:
Old 11-11-2023, 11:16 AM   #29575
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
The Reviwer is probably a Brie Larson hater. Brie Larson made some comments like ''comic book fans are dominantly white males and i don't like that'' so there are alot of people among the ''dominant fandom'' that hates on her.

On the other hand you don't like Guardians of The Galaxy films (you were very vocal about it lol) and Guardians of Galaxy films are my favorite Marvel films. Top 3. So may be you don't like the Marvels as well. It was mostly comedy after all. Even Nick Fury was funny in it. I liked funny Nick Fury. (:
If it?s a comedy then yes I probably won?t care for it. I?ll wait for streaming.
Old 11-11-2023, 12:24 PM   #29576
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
If it?s a comedy then yes I probably won?t care for it. I?ll wait for streaming.
It was mostly comedy with some dramatic parts and most of the film took place in outer space and distant galaxies and planets with alien races. Kind of like GotG, but GotG was way better.
Old 11-11-2023, 05:52 PM   #29577
Wizard
Justice League

The Killer - 6/10. David Fincher’s latest film about an assassin played by Michael Fassbender. Outside of a well choreographed fight scene, the film did not truly engage me. Is the film simply a portrait of a killer, or was it attempting to have the audience identify with him, maybe even empathize?

Sisu - 7.5/10. A Finnish soldier of legendary skill and resolve fights Nazis at the end of stages of WW2. At stake, a pile of gold. Nice cinematography against a barren landscape set in Finland. The Finnish soldier could give a Terminator pause in regard to refusing to quit or die. Climax was a little too eye rolling, but an enjoyable ride.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 08:08 PM   #29578
BurningRage
The Maxx

The Killer 7/10 Liked the Smiths soundtrack.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 09:09 PM   #29579
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
The Marvels 7/10

It's probably because they're going to shoehorn her into the X-Men. Just watch. They'll replace the Kitty Pryde/Jubilee role and force her in instead.

Last edited by NorthernLadMSP; 11-12-2023 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Typo
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2023, 12:57 AM   #29580
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
It was mostly comedy with some dramatic parts and most of the film took place in outer space and distant galaxies and planets with alien races. Kind of like GotG, but GotG was way better.
Oh GOTG is way better then I have no hope for this film.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote