Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 03-23-2007, 10:02 AM   #21
Gianco
X-Force

Monster, take a pic of your collection and send it to them, I´m pretty sure your luck would change immediately.
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:57 AM   #22
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianco Fett View Post
Monster, take a pic of your collection and send it to them, I´m pretty sure your luck would change immediately.
Better yet, I sense your frustrations, so send ME your collection..........you will just get bitter looking at it......

I do what I can to help.
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:17 AM   #23
Krypton Knight
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Raffles can be a crapshoot. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I lost out on the first two and didn't even bother for the Vader one. It doesn't give me much hope for later this year when they'll offer the 5-pak Clone Commanders. That'll probably be a raffle too.
Krypton Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:42 AM   #24
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton Knight View Post
Raffles can be a crapshoot. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I lost out on the first two and didn't even bother for the Vader one. It doesn't give me much hope for later this year when they'll offer the 5-pak Clone Commanders. That'll probably be a raffle too.
My real concern is the Clone Commanders as well. Those I want for my collection.

The B&W maquettes I can live without.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:51 AM   #25
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
My real concern is the Clone Commanders as well. Those I want for my collection.

The B&W maquettes I can live without.
SEE!!! The bitterness is eating you up from the inside!!! Send them to me, you will feel much, much better.
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:08 PM   #26
endless1
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I prefer the raffle system, it should only be limited to paid members not just any club members. Trying to through by phone or computer can be fraustrating. I have missed many exclusives this way. Ask the Bowen or Sideshow guys.
endless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:44 PM   #27
wolverinejedi007
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by endless1 View Post
I prefer the raffle system, it should only be limited to paid members not just any club members.
are you telling me that people won these B&W statues that didn't pay for the Premiere Guild?

if thats the case its just wrong.
wolverinejedi007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:58 PM   #28
Darth Mystery
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinejedi007 View Post
are you telling me that people won these B&W statues that didn't pay for the Premiere Guild?

if thats the case its just wrong.
Yeah, is that right, please anyone tell us???
Darth Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:47 PM   #29
ta2215
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...
Adamantium Member

I seriously don't think so. The only way to have the "enter the raffle" button available was login into your GG account.
ta2215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 04:33 PM   #30
swabie2424
Doh!

I posted this at GGC.com - and it is based on a poll there saying 23% of people won nothing. I'd love to hear your thoughts:

Man... I think 23% of people missing out on the b&w raffles is a bit too high. Very few people won all three (1 here at GGC.com and a few on RS I think)... but I agree, that if raffles are gonna continue... I'd hope GG weights them some how. No one should ever be EXCLUDED from a raffle... but I think the raffle should weigh in prior luck as well as how long you've been a PG member. Something like this?

Every 3 months you get a bonus raffle entry. Every raffle you win costs you one raffle entry in a future raffle. So here is an example. GG hypothetically raffles a Jar Jar bust one year from the date the PG started, The Jar Jar is the 7th raffle (oh God, I know... but follow me here):

Person #1 has been in the PG 1 year. He gets 4 raffle entries for that.
He won 3 prior raffles. Since this is the 7th raffle... there are 7 entries... but he loses 3 from prior wins... giving him 4 entries. So 4 entries + 4 = 8 entries total

Person #2 is a newbie. Just joined PG. No 3 month bonus entries. He gets 7 entries since he has not won any previous raffles. Total = 7 entries total

Person #3 is a middle of the road guy. He's been in the PG 6 months. So he gets 2 raffle entries. He has participated in and won 4 raffles in a row (lucky dog!) So he gets those 4 subtracted from 7 and ends up with 3 entries. So he gets 2 + 3 = 5 entries total

Person #4 is an unlucky guy. He's been in the PG since day 1... so he gets 4 entries for that. He has been in every raffle and lost every one! Oh God! He gets all 7 raffle entries. So 7 + 4 = 11 total entries.

Summary:

Person #1 - long time member - moderate luck = 8 entries
Person #2 - newbie... no track record = 7 entries
Person #3 - not a newbie or vet - awesome luck = 5 entries
Person #4 - long time member - bad luck = 11 entries

Seems to me to be pretty fair! Again, I'm not really a raffle guy... but what do you all think of swabie's formula of doom if these are gonna conitue?

I welcome all suggestions and "You're an idiot" posts.
swabie2424 is offline   Reply With Quote