Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

Old 08-24-2009, 10:41 AM   #21
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
1. Franklin (if you count all versions of the team)
2. Sue
3. The Hulk (from the Ghost Rider, Spidey, Wolvie Hulk team)
4. Dr. Doom (he was on the team for a minute when Valeria was hanging around)
Not to quibble, but the question specifically mentions all past and present versions of the team. So is Franklin fair game, or not?

And how do you count a guy like Hulk, who at the time of his FF service wasn't as powerful as he is now? Is it the FF incarnation only, or just any old Hulk?
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:53 AM   #22
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Good point, since the Hulk was grey on this team...he might not win a battle royale...He should get bumped out of the top three (Sue, Franklin and Doom).
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:57 AM   #23
The Watcher
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
Not to quibble, but the question specifically mentions all past and present versions of the team. So is Franklin fair game, or not?

And how do you count a guy like Hulk, who at the time of his FF service wasn't as powerful as he is now? Is it the FF incarnation only, or just any old Hulk?
1. I never considered future members but if the characters are known and the current/past members have had contact with them then I would assume that they count. Time travelers like Bishop, Cable, Kang, etc. would be considered to be in play.

It looks pretty silly to say "...all members, male and female, past, present and future" because the future is mostly unknown.

2. The second question was asked earlier by sons of set in the X-Men thread. The evolution of the character is up to you.
The Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:33 PM   #24
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
1. I never considered future members but if the characters are known and the current/past members have had contact with them then I would assume that they count. Time travelers like Bishop, Cable, Kang, etc. would be considered to be in play.

It looks pretty silly to say "...all members, male and female, past, present and future" because the future is mostly unknown.

2. The second question was asked earlier by sons of set in the X-Men thread. The evolution of the character is up to you.
I didn't see the X-Men thread, but the two situations aren't really analagous, are they? I mean, no matter what point in his career, Colossus was always an X-man, whereas Hulk was only part of the FF for very, very short (and gimmicky) time.

Ah well...all in fun.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:35 PM   #25
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
I'll agree that Sue is the most powerful of the original 4, do you think she could take down the Hulk with that exploding forcefield bubble trick?
She's taken down the Hulk by depriving him of air.

Wolverine considers her the most dangerous of the four.

And when the Psycho Man turned her into Malice she dispatched her team mates easily (though She-Hulk was subbing for Ben at the time).

Invisible Woman for sure.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:09 PM   #26
predaking007
Death is hereditary.

Reed Richards. He just makes a blaster that sends people to the negative zone. Or he creates something to take away their powers. (Oh wait... that's the one thing he can't create)
predaking007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:56 PM   #27
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
She's taken down the Hulk by depriving him of air.

Wolverine considers her the most dangerous of the four.

And when the Psycho Man turned her into Malice she dispatched her team mates easily (though She-Hulk was subbing for Ben at the time).

Invisible Woman for sure.
I'd have to agree here - not to mention that she's a woman - so once a month she can be... unreasonable anyways...
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:36 AM   #28
The Watcher
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post

After further consideration, I agree with the point of your post.

The original question was about past and present members of the team, not future members. So, Franklin would not be included.

One of the good (or problematic) things about "What If" threads is that they can go off into different timelines, alternate realities and varying interpretations.

We should keep it simple. Past and present team members only.
The Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:17 AM   #29
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
After further consideration, I agree with the point of your post.

The original question was about past and present members of the team, not future members. So, Franklin would not be included.

One of the good (or problematic) things about "What If" threads is that they can go off into different timelines, alternate realities and varying interpretations.

We should keep it simple. Past and present team members only.
Given that, Sue easily.