Doom Patrol

It also cracked me up big time
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:06 AM   #22
cougartrace
I like !%&!%&!%&!%&

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
Come on, it's pretty funny, you're way too serious, lighten up!
a real person died..I don't find that funny
cougartrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:12 AM   #23
rychehitman
Galactus

Cougbro....please let this one go....

nobody thinks the REALITY of a woman dying is funny.

MANY think the MAKE BELIEVE actions of a group of nerds holding a "pretend funeral" for this lady in the cyber world of Warcraft is funny.

MANY MORE think that a group of cyber nerd plotting to attack the "pretend funeral" in order to gain points and kill their enemies when they least expect it is VERY funny.

I dont see what part of this you are hung up on bud? The woman in reality died, and thats sad. It was nice of her friends to want to do something in her memory....and it was really nice for her cyber enemies to honor her memory with a sneak attack...sort of admitting that a sneak attack was the only way they could take all of her friends out at once.

It's actually quite poetic and beautiful!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:18 PM   #24
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post

MANY think the MAKE BELIEVE actions of a group of nerds holding a "pretend funeral" for this lady in the cyber world of Warcraft is funny.

MANY MORE think that a group of cyber nerd plotting to attack the "pretend funeral" in order to gain points and kill their enemies when they least expect it is VERY funny.

I dont see what part of this you are hung up on bud? The woman in reality died, and thats sad. It was nice of her friends to want to do something in her memory....and it was really nice for her cyber enemies to honor her memory with a sneak attack...sort of admitting that a sneak attack was the only way they could take all of her friends out at once.

Exactly!
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:30 PM   #25
cougartrace
I like !%&!%&!%&!%&

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post

that wasn't the it though Ryche. That guild was known as a bunch of jerk bullies before that. I don't see it as an honoring as much as blasphemy. Now, those people don't get to play the game the same ever again

Are you familiar with the recent case where a mother and daughter tormented another child using MYSPACE (pretending to be a guy who liked her) so bad that the other child killed herself?

Internet bullying has real life consequences. As the mother is finding out by going to jail.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:35 PM   #26
AsOneDead
You got red on you

That's totally different compared to this.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:36 PM   #27
cougartrace
I like !%&!%&!%&!%&

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
That's totally different compared to this.
maybe to you, but maybe not to the family of the person that died or their friends..
Old 05-26-2008, 12:39 PM   #28
AsOneDead
You got red on you

It's really not the same but lets just end it at that, some people will get offended by it and some cool people will find it funny.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:51 PM   #29
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
I heard about this on the Stern Show this morning.

A woman who played World of Warcraft died in real life so a bunch of her WOW friends announced they were planning a funeral for her in the game. A rival gang heard about it and ambushed the funeral killing everyone including the dead woman's character. I don't play WOW but I thought it was pretty funny, sick but funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHJVolaC8pw
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:11 PM   #30
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougartrace View Post
That guild was known as a bunch of jerk bullies before that. I don't see it as an honoring as much as blasphemy. Now, those people don't get to play the game the same ever again
I thought that was the funny part

The woman died wich is sad, she was buried in real life with all the respects that go with it (at least I would hope so). If a bunch of guys want to reenact a funeral in a videogame and get killed by videogame bullies that's funny imo. And if, going by your comparison example, some of those killed in the video game want to kill themselves for it, that would be even funnier imo.

Not such a good comparison coug
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote