Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 10-10-2006, 04:39 PM   #21
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
Savor, I've been savoring your team's choking since Luis Gonzalez hit that bloop single over derke jeter's head!
Hey knock yourself out. I've been savoring your team’s mastery of choking for the last decade and change - Madoxx coming off the mound during that sweep at the hand of the Bronx Bombers was particularly sweet. Yankees have a long way to go to match the braves streak of complete and utterly go no where seasons. At least the Yankees have made the series twice since 2000 and every season we are legitimate contenders – Sure we haven’t won since 2000 but I’ll take my Yankees any day over being mathematically eliminated in May like the braves. So enjoy the Gonzalez bloop but get ready to enjoy the braves trailing the Mets by 1,000 games next year.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:05 PM   #22
OneOne78
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

OneOne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:58 PM   #23
imthkman
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Hey knock yourself out. I've been savoring your team’s mastery of choking for the last decade and change - Madoxx coming off the mound during that sweep at the hand of the Bronx Bombers was particularly sweet. Yankees have a long way to go to match the braves streak of complete and utterly go no where seasons. At least the Yankees have made the series twice since 2000 and are legitimate contenders – Sure we haven’t won since 2000 but I’ll take my Yankees any day over being mathematically eliminated in May like the braves. So enjoy the Gonzalez bloop but get ready to enjoy the braves trailing the Mets by 1,000 games next year.
I can promise you that won't happen next year. I think we'll win the East again next year, but even if we don't, we won't finish more than 2 games back. Unless the Mets go get some younger pitching, they won't win it again.
imthkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:10 PM   #24
'Nuff
ROT Minister of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

Quote:
Hey knock yourself out. I've been savoring your team’s mastery of choking for the last decade and change - Madoxx coming off the mound during that sweep at the hand of the Bronx Bombers was particularly sweet. Yankees have a long way to go to match the braves streak of complete and utterly go no where seasons. At least the Yankees have made the series twice since 2000 and are legitimate contenders – Sure we haven’t won since 2000 but I’ll take my Yankees any day over being mathematically eliminated in May like the braves. So enjoy the Gonzalez bloop but get ready to enjoy the braves trailing the Mets by 1,000 games next year.
You tell 'em Gen'l...
'Nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:13 PM   #25
'Nuff
ROT Minister of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

"I got one of his cows."...Billy Martin...
'Nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:49 AM   #26
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthkman View Post
I can promise you that won't happen next year. I think we'll win the East again next year, but even if we don't, we won't finish more than 2 games back. Unless the Mets go get some younger pitching, that won't win it again.
Unless the braves do some serious off season moves they won't win the east. They're going to have to shoot for the wild card. But I smell what your cook'n though - I too think the Mets might have some trouble with their pitching next year. Pedro might be done, Glavine is iffy and might decide to finish his career with the braves so that leaves the Mets with little options. They need to get some pitching this winter.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:29 AM   #27
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Hey knock yourself out. I've been savoring your team’s mastery of choking for the last decade and change - Madoxx coming off the mound during that sweep at the hand of the Bronx Bombers was particularly sweet. Yankees have a long way to go to match the braves streak of complete and utterly go no where seasons. At least the Yankees have made the series twice since 2000 and every season we are legitimate contenders – Sure we haven’t won since 2000 but I’ll take my Yankees any day over being mathematically eliminated in May like the braves. So enjoy the Gonzalez bloop but get ready to enjoy the braves trailing the Mets by 1,000 games next year.
I couldn't care less about wath the braves do, I enjoy watching a $200 million plus team ChOKE every year, and hear A-rod saying "I suck, I suck"
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:12 PM   #28
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
I couldn't care less about wath the braves do, I enjoy watching a $200 million plus team ChOKE every year, and hear A-rod saying "I suck, I suck"
Pfffff… Yeah okay Bats I believe you. Is this what you’ve been reduced too? You can’t even cheer for your crappy team, all you can do is Yankee hate all year long? Pretty sad dude.

Let it go Bats, hating the Yankees won’t reverse history. The braves were America’s team on the cusp of becoming a dynasty and the Yankees crushed Atlanta’s dream. Then after the sweep at the hands of the Bombers the braves were officially labeled the team that couldn’t get it done and the Yankees became THE team of the decade. I’d be salty too but lucky for me I’m not a braves fan. Biggest choke ever, Arod, it doesn’t matter – At the end of the day the Yankees still rock. We always have a strong team, every year were a LEGITIMATE contender, usually favored to win and even if we don’t win it all we know that ownership will make moves to try and do it the next year and most importantly we (Yankee fans) start every season with hope – Unlike braves fans that have zero hope and are still waking up in the middle of the night screaming LEYRITZ!!!!!
Old 10-11-2006, 04:16 PM   #29
imthkman
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Quote:
Pfffff… Yeah okay Bats I believe you. Is this what you’ve been reduced too? You can’t even cheer for your crappy team, all you can do is Yankee hate all year long? Pretty sad dude.

Let it go Bats, hating the Yankees won’t reverse history. The braves were America’s team on the cusp of becoming a dynasty and the Yankees crushed Atlanta’s dream. Then after the sweep at the hands of the Bombers the braves were officially labeled the team that couldn’t get it done and the Yankees became THE team of the decade. I’d be salty too but lucky for me I’m not a braves fan. Biggest choke ever, Arod, it doesn’t matter – At the end of the day the Yankees still rock. We always have a strong team, every year were a LEGITIMATE contender, usually favored to win and even if we don’t win it all we know that ownership will make moves to try and do it the next year and most importantly we (Yankee fans) start every season with hope – Unlike braves fans that have zero hope and are still waking up in the middle of the night screaming LEYRITZ!!!!!
The first comment is not true, but the second one is. What a lucky lump of sh.......
imthkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:26 PM   #30
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthkman View Post
The first comment is not true, but the second one is. What a lucky lump of sh.......
Sorry bro this was meant for Bats. I didn't mean to bum you out.