Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 05-18-2007, 02:34 AM   #21
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterfan View Post
How does Sideshow do it? Take the Venom 1:1 bust (just as an example). They sold it for less then $500 and only produced 300. How did they make money on it? I know that it is apples and oranges but I think that $1200 for a 1000 edition run is way off.
Exactly, apples and oranges.
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:42 AM   #22
darth_thorpe
A day without sunshine is like... night.

i really want this piece and im saving up for it, amoungest other stuff, (when will it end) and im quite happy its not sold out so theres no presure of bankrupting myself to buy this thing and that i know i will be able to get this thing when i have enough
darth_thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:28 PM   #23
Blueprint
Death is hereditary.

i don't think that the company has the mentality to intentionally reduce the edition size to drive collector interest to drive aftermarket costs for collectors. i really don't think that's why they are in business.

i do beleive they want to satisfy their segment of the market. what they do have in mind is that the products and it's customer base are very narrow (think the smallest niche market for these pieces). they want to ensure that those timeless collectible maquettes are going to the right people in this niche market.
Blueprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:21 PM   #24
monsterfan
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depp View Post
i don't think that the company has the mentality to intentionally reduce the edition size to drive collector interest to drive aftermarket costs for collectors. i really don't think that's why they are in business.

i do beleive they want to satisfy their segment of the market. what they do have in mind is that the products and it's customer base are very narrow (think the smallest niche market for these pieces). they want to ensure that those timeless collectible maquettes are going to the right people in this niche market.
Well at the rate that they are selling they will be available from CM for a very, very, very long time. I think that they are under publicized and poorly marketed. There is no incentive program (for collectors of all of CM editions), no advertisements, no catalogs, nothing... If not for Comic Con I don't think anyone would even know about them. Even the web site is lifeless compared to Sideshow or even Master Replica.
monsterfan is offline   Reply With Quote