Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 04-06-2006, 03:22 PM   #21
bat_collector
Galactus

Yes, Batman knew Lex was at the fortress of solittude. REmember in the early issues (#2 I think) that is where Powergirl was when she remembered her life with Earth 2 superman and lois? That is why he asked GL to take him there.

As for supers and WW, Earth 2 superman knew where lex was and the three of them were just trying to find out which earth was the right earth. They finally did.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 03:58 PM   #22
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I don't reacall that Power Girl was at the Earth 1 Fortress of Solitude. I'll have to go back and check that out. How did Batman know Lex was was there?
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 05:32 PM   #23
Aarrgghh!!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf
There's an interesting premise going here but I've never read a comic book so quickly in my life. It was over nearly as soon as it started. Just a let down all the way around, especially considering Huston's such a strong fiction writer and that he's working with a talent like Finch. I know you gave it an enthusiastic review but the whole thing just fell flat for me.

(Oh, and Aarrgghh!, my political leanings compel me to request you not refer to me as "W." If you want to shorten it to "WK" that'd be cool. Thanks!)
MK was such a quick read, it just was empty. I'm sure it doesn't help that I'd been reading the Essential of the original, which fit so much into a single issue and not many stories went on for more than 1 issue. The original also had a great supporting cast which is really missing as well.

(Wk it is, and I won't mention my leanings )
Aarrgghh!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 05:36 PM   #24
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarrgghh!!
MK was such a quick read, it just was empty. I'm sure it doesn't help that I'd been reading the Essential of the original, which fit so much into a single issue and not many stories went on for more than 1 issue. The original also had a great supporting cast which is really missing as well.

(Wk it is, and I won't mention my leanings )
meh. left, right, we all have the same tastes in comics.

(but only joe and I have a mental link...)
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 05:37 PM   #25
Aarrgghh!!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

On another note, how does everyone feel about the texture of the covers these days. It seems there are currently three common types:
- Super Slick glossy ala Superman/Batman
- Standard - ala JSA, Detective
- Flat matte finish ala Batman and the Monstermen

I can't stand the super glossy covers, they reflect too much light and god help you if you try and stack them. The standard is fine, but I REALLY like the flat finish, it looks better and the fact it seems thicker it should hold up better. Any other thoughts?
Aarrgghh!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 05:37 PM   #26
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye of Agamotto
Yo Sam, that story rocked. Morrison really went all out in telling his story of the alternate world. All of the characters were written well and the story was perfect. There isn't anything else to say, anyone that has'nt read this, go read this book. However I was really torn on the art. It is very good, don't get me wrong, it's a very detailed peice of work from Quitely but a few characters (namely Wonder Women and Superwomen) tended to look more masculane than they should have IMO. This really is a minor, minor thing to point out because in the final analysis, Frank Quitely did a stellar job, my favorite character's in this story, although briefly shown to a certain extent, were Martian Manhunter and Aquaman, pages 70,71 and 72 are my favorites which show Aquaman saving two children from a crumbling Washington monument, only to surface and quickly eliminate Powerring from further inflicting damage. Then MM taking care of Ultraman was awesome. Great read, highly recomended.
word EoA. Are you a JLU animated series fan? Did you see the injustice gang episode? Rest of you got any thoughts on that episode?

Any other squadron supreme fans? madjazz, you out there?
Old 04-06-2006, 05:54 PM   #27
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf
I don't reacall that Power Girl was at the Earth 1 Fortress of Solitude. I'll have to go back and check that out. How did Batman know Lex was was there?
He's the world's greatest detective. That's why!

Actually, in issue 2 the other earths were not created yet (that was in issue 4 I believe). Up till then I am thinking that they were in Earth 1 fortress of solitude. Either way, there were where it was cold. I'm only going on memory here buddy, and that was months ago. But I do ermember power girl and superboy prime speaking in the artic/anatartic near the fotress of solitude, or the facsimilie of which luthor built.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:00 PM   #28
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarrgghh!!
- Flat matte finish ala Batman and the Monstermens?
That's my favorite one too Aargh
Old 04-06-2006, 06:08 PM   #29
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
word EoA. Are you a JLU animated series fan? Did you see the injustice gang episode? Rest of you got any thoughts on that episode?

Any other squadron supreme fans? madjazz, you out there?
One of the best episodes in the whole JLU run, Sam!

Oh, and Aarrgghh!, I prefer the flat matte covers, myself. The super glossy ones curl up and slide around too much. Plus, to your point, I don't like how reflective they are.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 11:13 PM   #30
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

fellas, not to be anal, but I personally hate the glossy covers cause no matter how much you wash your hands they get covered in oily fingerprints. Ghah. I'm with wk, I dig the flat matte covers myself.

And word joe, I can't wait until the injustice gang episode hits dvd.