Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 10-29-2007, 11:20 AM   #21
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjazz View Post
If the Yanks really wanted A-Rod to stay, they should have thought about that while they were screwing over Joe Torre. You will see this scene play out with a few other players the Yankees have not signed yet.
I agree with you Jazzy...
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:26 AM   #22
cougartrace
I like !%&!%&!%&!%&

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
NO! Youre missing the poetry of this move.

He doesnt just announce this during the World Series - he's announcing it as BOSTON is WINNING the World Series. Big difference!

He's essentially thumbing his nose at the Yankees - for whatever reason. Maybe its because of the Torre thing...?
Remember, his Agent is doing this..not necessarily AROD. Boras has a tight hold on his clients and gets to say whatever he wants whenever he wants.
cougartrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:44 AM   #23
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougartrace View Post
Remember, his Agent is doing this..not necessarily AROD. Boras has a tight hold on his clients and gets to say whatever he wants whenever he wants.
I agree with you coug because you see and hear everything
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:45 AM   #24
cougartrace
I like !%&!%&!%&!%&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex655321 View Post
I agree with you coug because you see and hear everything
Old 10-29-2007, 01:28 PM   #25
nightstar1441
Doh!

Well - I've been tormenting the Yankee fans at my job (most have uncharacteristically thin skin and are relatively simple minded - using several color flash cards and single syllable words helps though)

I actually see this as a good move for the team as AROD was a bit of a cancer and a baby.

Now the Yanks will have extra money to go after some of the top free agent pitchers of this class by purchasing Sunshine Estates Retirement Home.

But all Yankee digs aside - this gives them an opportunity to start fresh and instead of getting a big name - maybe try and put together a clubhouse with more balance. It's time to find the leader they have been missing since Paul O'Neill retired.
nightstar1441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:31 PM   #26
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougartrace View Post
No I disagree with you, it's not his agent it's arod. His agents works for him not the other way around, if he wanted to stay that is all he had to say so, He is his own man and he has the final say in the matter.
If he goes along with Boras then at the end it's still his decision.

I am not angry he opted out, I guess he has to get his. My only gripe is what dollar amount is enough. He has a sh!t load of money already. When is the decision motivated by the love of the game and the love of the city or team.

The only way I would boo AROD is if he signed with a sh!ty team for the money. Then I would have no respect for him. He went from seattle a contender to a sh!ty Rangers team that couldn't afford any players because of his contract.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:49 PM   #27
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

As Branch Rickey famously told Ralph Kiner when he asked for a raise as a Pirate after leading the National League in Homers "Son, we finished last with you, we can finish last without you"

In the case of the Yankees, it would be, "We got beat in the first round with you, we can get beat in the first round without you". It should be obvious to everyone how much better off they would be to take the A-Rod money and throw it at Johan Santana of the Twins, and then get a serviceable 3rd baseman either out of the farm system or via free agency.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:32 PM   #28
cougartrace
I like !%&!%&!%&!%&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
No I disagree with you, it's not his agent it's arod. His agents works for him not the other way around, if he wanted to stay that is all he had to say so, He is his own man and he has the final say in the matter.

I am not angry he opted out, I guess he has to get his. My only gripe is what dollar amount is enough. He has a sh!t load of money already. When is the decision motivated by the love of the game and the love of the city or team.

The only way I would boo AROD is if he signed with a sh!ty team for the money. Then I would have no respect for him. He went from seattle a contender to a sh!ty Rangers team that couldn't afford any players because of his contract.
Man you don't know Scott Boras...lol
Old 10-29-2007, 04:08 PM   #29
J Storm
Birdman

Now I'm hearing the Dodgers are gonna buy out Grady Little's contract and bring in Joe Torre and once that's done, they're gonna bring in A-Rod at Shortstop.

But, honestly, as much as I hate the Red Sox, it was f'd up on A-Rod's part for announcing his decision during the final innings of the game. His announcement definitely overshadows the Red Sox victory.
J Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:09 PM   #30
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post

I think its to increase his Salary more right now... I think he wants a long term deal for what he is worth now... instead of taking 5 years and getting a pay cut later if he is not performing like he is now... In other words take $30M per year for 5 years and then take a chance and get cut down to $20M per year after cause your #s arent as good or take 10 years now at $30M per year and he dont have to worry about it... and can probably retire...

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote