Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Old 04-23-2008, 05:48 PM   #21
XMAN
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Clock is ticking......this time tomorrow I should have my Kabuki in my hands......I will give you all my unadultered take.....and let you all know what I think of her.
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:18 AM   #22
VinReaper
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Location: Out of my mind! Be back in 5 minutes! (+12517 to the Post Count)
Cool

I love that piece and I will have one one of these days!

VR
VinReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:58 PM   #23
XMAN
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Well it's tomorrow and the Kabuki statue is in my hands.......this is without a doubt an amazing piece.......it is more about the art than the character.......I have never read anything about Kabuki.......but I am drawn to the beauty that this sculpt possesses.....the detail is jaw dropping.....
the back is just as beautiful as the front....so I will need another piece for display.....the fact that the legs do not have that statue welding look is also a major plus.....the space between the legs is awesome.....(please don't get the wrong idea)this is the first sculpt that actually has space between the legs making it look like two seperate individual legs.......the face is sweeter than sweet......if you look at it then walk away you will start to miss it...........the tatoo and back detail is like no other........what else can I say ....this is my first Moore piece ......but it wont be my last.....by the way I love the way it looks without the diamonds....very subtle and natural.........maybe I need to see one with diamond in person......another thing ...........I do not want to leave out......the body on this piece will make women jealous......sucess .....thank you all for all your advice and input.
Xman
Old 04-24-2008, 06:35 PM   #24
ta2215
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...
Adamantium Member

You really need to read the Kabuki story at least the first book. I found it really interesting. Good luck with your Kabuki!!
ta2215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:29 PM   #25
XMAN
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Had to share this....I just got home.........my daughter who doesn't care about any of the statues that I have actually told me that she actually likes this one!!!!!!it caught her eye......coming from her really says something.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:08 PM   #26
vpw
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

gotta read the graphic novel, David Mack rocks....I think I'll have to build a special glass cabinet to display her back just for this one....but gotta find me an AP version first
vpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:14 PM   #27
Alex655321

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN View Post
Well it's tomorrow and the Kabuki statue is in my hands.......this is without a doubt an amazing piece.......it is more about the art than the character.......I have never read anything about Kabuki.......but I am drawn to the beauty that this sculpt possesses.....the detail is jaw dropping.....
the back is just as beautiful as the front....so I will need another piece for display.....the fact that the legs do not have that statue welding look is also a major plus.....the space between the legs is awesome.....(please don't get the wrong idea)this is the first sculpt that actually has space between the legs making it look like two seperate individual legs.......the face is sweeter than sweet......if you look at it then walk away you will start to miss it...........the tatoo and back detail is like no other........what else can I say ....this is my first Moore piece ......but it wont be my last.....by the way I love the way it looks without the diamonds....very subtle and natural.........maybe I need to see one with diamond in person......another thing ...........I do not want to leave out......the body on this piece will make women jealous......sucess .....thank you all for all your advice and input.
Xman
Congrats !!!
Like you I had no idea who Kabuki was when I purchased the AP.

I was hooked and have 2 !
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:26 PM   #28
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex655321 View Post
One of my Favorite Statues.

I prefer with the Diamonds

What She Said!

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:46 PM   #29
Mandragora
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

she's sooooo beautiful! i must have her!
Mandragora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:52 PM   #30
Alex655321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandragora View Post
she's sooooo beautiful! i must have her!
go get her tiger !!!

I would love to see your pics of her
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote