Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC / McFarlane

Old 02-18-2009, 04:18 AM   #21
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by irken_moose View Post
oh you mean the pirate story? theres gonna be a release of that. http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com/02...ard-butler.php I read the movie will be 2 hours 45 min, Doc Manhattans junk will be in the film and from the website and trailers and etc, it seems very faithful to the novel. I have a feeling its gonna do very well.
Damn they can't be serious.
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:23 AM   #22
irken_moose
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderV3 View Post
Damn they can't be serious.
yup, in the movie companion guide it shows it. they are all out serious with this film
irken_moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:53 AM   #23
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

totally out of proportion
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:15 AM   #24
TrueFaith
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
oh you mean the pirate story? theres gonna be a release of that. http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com/02...ard-butler.php I read the movie will be 2 hours 45 min, Doc Manhattans junk will be in the film and from the website and trailers and etc, it seems very faithful to the novel. I have a feeling its gonna do very well.
Oh wow. How did I miss this? That is WILD. Somebody let Alan Moore know so he can dissavow this one too! Can't wait to see how they handle the part where he ties all the dead, bloated bodies of his shipmates together to use as a raft. In anime style no less? I can't see it being included in the movie, but it's definitely a story that can stand on it's own.
I thought they'd really have to dumb down Watchmen to make it palatable to the general public, but Zack Snyder obviously isn't intimidated with the scope of the story.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:24 AM   #25
SirConor
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyVader View Post
Wow
I have to say, the torso of this sculpt looks way out of proportion to the arms and shoulders, much too slim in relation to the huge deltoids. There looked to be plenty of space on the base, it would have been easy to give him more mass in his lats and widen his hips a tad. A shame, the piece is really nicely sculpted, but the delts are just too large.
Daddy V
Spot on criticism. I was checking this out in my LCS and I thought the same. The proportions are a mess. He's too narrow in the hips.
SirConor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:33 PM   #26
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Jon in the house!

I LOVE the sculpt, it's great, sculpted by Tim Brukner, the awesome sculptor who also did the Kingdom Come figure line.

He's beein in sculpting business very long so the proportion isn't a mistake, it's artist perspective and I'm liking it a lot.

riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:59 PM   #27
DaddyVader
Mephisto

I have all the respect in the world for Tim Bruckner, the man is a master.
I don't know if the decision to alter the proportions on this sculpt came from the artist or the art director, it's their decision finally to go in the direction they chose for their product. However, when a guys butt is about the same width as his neck, I don't think it's out of line to say that I find the proportions so out of line to be almost abstract. Perhaps, if that's the direction they wanted to go in, they should have gone even further, instead of making it look like it was just badly proportioned . Just not my cup of tea.
DaddyVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:55 PM   #28
irken_moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink View Post
totally out of proportion
in the movie he is very well endowed
Old 02-19-2009, 06:58 PM   #29
irken_moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
Oh wow. How did I miss this? That is WILD. Somebody let Alan Moore know so he can dissavow this one too! Can't wait to see how they handle the part where he ties all the dead, bloated bodies of his shipmates together to use as a raft. In anime style no less? I can't see it being included in the movie, but it's definitely a story that can stand on it's own.
I thought they'd really have to dumb down Watchmen to make it palatable to the general public, but Zack Snyder obviously isn't intimidated with the scope of the story.
Tales of The Black freighter will be direct to dvd/blu ray. And yes it has lots of gore and dead bodies just like from the graphic novel. check out the trailer http://media.dvd.ign.com/media/142/14256407/vids_1.html And from what I ive read in magazines,The Watchmen movie is going to be very faithful to the graphic novel. It will be rated R so nothing will be dumb down.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:12 PM   #30
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

Quote:
in the movie he is very well endowed
I'm not talkin about his johnson
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote