Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 06-16-2021, 04:12 PM   #311
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyguy666 View Post
Something about the small (for 1/3) size and the rooted hair and the plain white skin gives this BARBIE DOLL vibes....
#sigh always we see these stupid comments, and idiot comparisons. I get the impression these "collectors" have stumbled into the wrong forum if this is really their opinion.

I guess you're lucky then, you can head down to Toys'R'Us and save a load of money by purchasing a Barbie doll rather than this piece.....great, good luck with that. Don't forget to post pictures of your awesome statue collecting hack
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 04:50 PM   #312
Exorcist
The X-Men

Thumbs down

Quote:
Something about the small (for 1/3) size and the rooted hair and the plain white skin gives this BARBIE DOLL vibes....
FAIL!
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 04:53 PM   #313
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Ummm.....no.

If you were to get the 1/6 scale version, there would be a small argument as they would then be the same scale as a barbie doll, but then that would be all it was.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 05:40 PM   #314
ukshaun
Hercules

I cannot help but think that the 1/6th piece will be inferior on every level.

For $3000.00 the 1/3 piece is over priced. It will be interesting to see if they can sell them.

While i was taken back in the beginning by the project. I was less than impressed by the final product. The production piece will probably look not quite as good.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 06:03 PM   #315
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Are those your Barbie dolls? Lol

This piece may be a bit expensive for you to add to your doll collection
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 07:36 PM   #316
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
#sigh always we see these stupid comments, and idiot comparisons. I get the impression these "collectors" have stumbled into the wrong forum if this is really their opinion.

I guess you're lucky then, you can head down to Toys'R'Us and save a load of money by purchasing a Barbie doll rather than this piece.....great, good luck with that. Don't forget to post pictures of your awesome statue collecting hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
FAIL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Ummm.....no.

If you were to get the 1/6 scale version, there would be a small argument as they would then be the same scale as a barbie doll, but then that would be all it was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Are those your Barbie dolls? Lol

This piece may be a bit expensive for you to add to your doll collection
Deny it all you want but none of the above changes the fact that you’ll be brushing your doll’s hair just like a 5 year old girl brushing her Barbie doll’s hair while positioning her on her toy bike.

Hey I’m not judging you....just calling a doll a doll.
Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:04 PM   #317
MasterkillerWSW
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Don't feed the troll. He is probably jealous because he can't afford a grail like this.

Anyways, this is looking great. Let's hope the production piece will be just as perfect.
MasterkillerWSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:07 PM   #318
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Deny it all you want but none of the above changes the fact that you’ll be brushing your doll’s hair just like a 5 year old girl brushing her Barbie doll’s hair while positioning her on her toy bike.

Yep, keep typing, and justifying why I associated your comment with idiocy. You're exhibiting all the maturity of a spoiled child who (probably due to poor finance) is unable to play in the big league, so you try really hard to make the piece seem ridiculous, so your poor damaged ego feels justified in not being able to own the piece.

In fact, with your attitude, you really have no place in this or any forum. So, like a good little troll - why not climb back under the bridge, and leave this discussion to the adult collectors. You know, the ones with money to spend.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:25 PM   #319
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:

They're all expensive dolls. Why are you even here, loser?
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:43 PM   #320
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:

It doesn’t take a genius to know what reaction would be caused by your comments. You were obviously trying to get a rise from collectors. And of course with a comment like that you’re definitely judging.

Heck even life size busts have rooted hair. Are those Barbie Dolls too?

I just hope the hair it self is as fine/thin as possible. As that and other issues has been problems on the Hot Toys figures. At least with that brand, and those with rooted hair you might have a Barbie Doll argument. But with a non posable statue your comment is just plain silly.

That’s worse than the whole collectables are toys discussion (which is at least debatable), where it’s been applied by some to even larger scale statues, and even prop replicas.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote