Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 06-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #321
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Oh wow you got me all figured out. I'm "rationalizing," "pretentious" and "overtly defensive" all in an effort to "justify why I bought this statue."

Let me make something clear to you since obviously you either haven't read my other posts or you're ignorance is simply fueled out of an interest to vilify myself and others who don't agree with your point of view. I bought this statue because I wanted it, it was worth that much to ME personally because I love the intricate detail, like the color scheme much better than the regular and find some value in owning something extremely limited. Others obviously agree or it wouldn't have sold out. Is it a lot of money? Hell yeah it is and I've said as much from my very first post here.

I get it. If we all don't think like you guys we're wrong because after all, you're defending the average consumer and somehow I'm the bad guy because I'm defending the rights of the big bad company to do whatever they want in terms of pricing and production runs and let the market decide if it was the correct decision or not.

You guys have fun complaining. I'll enjoy my statue.
Sorry if I offended you, I even put that I hope it turns out great for you. I was simply trying to say please by all means buy what you want, but when it comes to companies do not defend them at all, they don't need your support but we the consumer do. I love collecting statues and I am certain you do as well, that is why I hope she turns out great for you.

John M.I.A.
statuemonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #322
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Wow, you guys are still discussing this.

Bottom line, GG is in the business to make money and they can charge whatever they want. We have a choice to buy or not to buy.

BTW, I don't think the statue is worth the asking price myself but that IMO. I too was disgusted when I saw the price and had a few choice words for GG. But at the end of day, who cares, I moved on. If statues becomes too espensive I will quit this hobby.
I agree with you, just sucks that it might become some sort of weird elitist club if prices continue to climb. This is a very small demographic based group already. It will get even smaller for sure if this happens. I love collecting, I will be sad if it comes to that.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #323
ComputerFly
The Phantom

Is it a cash grab, yes. But, will the resulting product be the best production quality we've ever seen on a mass produced statue? Possibly.

I love hearing how 'wrong' GG is for pricing the piece how they did. Quite a few of you believe that your standard of living is a 'one size fits all' and demand that everyone accept your point of view on what something is worth. I don't care if you work at the factory making the things and know they only cost $10 to make. People will buy what is within their means to buy, if they want it. Game over. You also can't afford a Ferrari, so NO ONE should pay for a Ferrari. I don't see you going on to their website and crying about it. They have a hugely successful business selling things people don't need at prices that only the most wealthy individuals can purchase. And believe me, the 'cost to make' has nothing to do with the price of the car. It is all about EXCLUSIVITY, just like this extremely limited statue. Except when Ferrari only makes 100 of something, it usually goes for 1.5 million instead of the standard $300,000. Is it 5 times better than the $300K car..not hardly, but people still pay it, if they have the means.

Nothing you say or do on this forum is going to persuade a company that has successfully marketed a product and sold through, to change their business practices. That would be just like me going to the Ferrari company and telling them they have no right to charge what they charge. They'll simply show me their 3 year waiting list for products and tell me to hit the door.
ComputerFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #324
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerFly View Post
Is it a cash grab, yes. But, will the resulting product be the best production quality we've ever seen on a mass produced statue? Possibly.

I love hearing how 'wrong' GG is for pricing the piece how they did. Quite a few of you believe that your standard of living is a 'one size fits all' and demand that everyone accept your point of view on what something is worth. I don't care if you work at the factory making the things and know they only cost $10 to make. People will buy what is within their means to buy, if they want it. Game over. You also can't afford a Ferrari, so NO ONE should pay for a Ferrari. I don't see you going on to their website and crying about it. They have a hugely successful business selling things people don't need at prices that only the most wealthy individuals can purchase. And believe me, the 'cost to make' has nothing to do with the price of the car. It is all about EXCLUSIVITY, just like this extremely limited statue. Except when Ferrari only makes 100 or something, it usually goes for 1.5 million instead of the standard $300,000. Is it 5 times better than the $300K car..not hardly, but people still pay it, if they have the means.

Nothing you say or do on this forum is going to persuade a company that has successfully marketed a product and sold through, to change their business practices. That would be just like me going to the Ferrari company and telling them they have no right to charge what they charge.
I would like a Ferrari.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #325
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

wow

Quote:

I love hearing how 'wrong' GG is for pricing the piece how they did. Quite a few of you believe that your standard of living is a 'one size fits all' and demand that everyone accept your point of view on what something is worth. I don't care if you work at the factory making the things and know they only cost $10 to make. People will buy what is within their means to buy, if they want it. Game over. You also can't afford a Ferrari, so NO ONE should pay for a Ferrari. I don't see you going on to their website and crying about it. They have a hugely successful business selling things people don't need at prices that only the most wealthy individuals can purchase. And believe me, the 'cost to make' has nothing to do with the price of the car. It is all about EXCLUSIVITY, just like this extremely limited statue. Except when Ferrari only makes 100 or something, it usually goes for 1.5 million instead of the standard $300,000. Is it 5 times better than the $300K car..not hardly, but people still pay it, if they have the means.

Nothing you say or do on this forum is going to persuade a company that has successfully marketed a product and sold through, to change their business practices. That would be just like me going to the Ferrari company and telling them they have no right to charge what they charge.
You are right I will never buy a Ferrari, but if I did when i went in a week or so after they lost their minds and doubled even tripled the price I would -----. And for your information doing and saying has changed much over the years to include pricing.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #326
ComputerFly
The Phantom

No it hasn't.

People have been complaining about the cost of everyday items like gas and bread and milk for the last 7 years, but the price hasn't dropped. I'm talking about MILLIONS of consumers complaining, and funny enough, no change based on that huge number of complaints.

Sideshow has never went backwards in price. Name any item that you can prove consumer complaints have driven the cost down on. Be sure to cite the source of your proof.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #327
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

LOL

Quote:
No it hasn't.
I love it, no it hasn't. You should read a history book now and then and look at trends in pricing and how other company’s price their products. Words and action combined or separate have made some of the biggest changes in our history. You are a trip, “No it hasn't”, the Computerfly has spoken, LOL.

John M.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #328
ComputerFly
The Phantom

Prove it. Otherwise you're just talking out of your ass. You keep typing sentences as if you were the keeper of all facts, yet every example proves you wrong.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #329
ComputerFly
The Phantom

I noticed you had absolutely ZERO comeback on my Ferrari example. And I could name 100 more. Do you think a Rolex keeps better time than my Seiko? It doesn't. Are they both watches? Yes they are. Do they provide the same function, yes they do.

There is a reason why one is 10 to 100 times more expensive than the other, and it hasn't nothing to do with how much they cost to make, or how much you personally can afford to pay for one.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #330
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

Sure did

Quote:
I noticed you had absolutely ZERO comeback on my Ferrari example.
Comp, as much as I like you and your typical posts you are killing me here. I did respond and I will respond again by saying this. Comparing our hobby with that of an item that only 1% or less of the population can buy is like comparing apples to elephants, there is no correlation, sorry.

John M.