Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-09-2017, 08:23 AM   #331
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Above All View Post
did prime 1 mention anything about a Guyver II statue?

why is it I find nothing on Guyver II?

I do find it odd they have done G0 before G2, i think there are some G0 fans at P1 or they just came up with the concept of the TRex base and thought "we have to do this now".

I hope they save G2 for later in the line i would like to get some Zoanoid/Zoalords to break it up, getting all 4 Guyvers ( not including Gigantic & G2F ) would be cool but then we'd just be getting Zoanoid/Zoaords from then on, i hope they mix it up. a bit.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:58 AM   #332
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Will be interesting to see if they do other scales, they mention that in the announcement.

Prime1 is excited to announce that the Guyver license is secured. So Guyver's fans can expect premium statues of their favorite characters in either 1/6, 1/4 or 1/3 scales or even vs diorama. Stay tuned for more updates.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 09:34 AM   #333
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

I don't see the point in doing 1/3 scale when they are doing 1/4 stuff so big, i think everyone would prefer a huge base with a slaughtered zoanoid on it in 1/4 than a plain base with a character in 1/3 right?

Vs Dioramas would be cool but really the 1/4 stuff they have done with the amazing bases are pretty much dioramas anyway.

I hope they just stick to 1/4 as they have done nothing but impress so far.......except for Gigantic Dark lol.
Old 07-09-2017, 12:22 PM   #334
qz33
Baron Zemo

Prime 1's Guyver 1 is so great they could print it at 1/3 and I'd happily pay the price. Easier to do light ups eyes and chrome.

Extra details be damned. The sculpts already have more detail than what can be accurately cast at 1/4.

This and their Berserk are instant classics.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 01:45 PM   #335
Vendetta
The X-Men

Where do you guys recommend someone new to Guyver to get started on the franchise? My familiarity with Guyver only comes from the excellent Max Factory action figures back in the day, which were too expensive for me back then for a property I was unfamiliar with.

EDIT: Then again, maybe it's better that I stay in the dark so I have one fewer line of statues to collect.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:13 PM   #336
AC_808
Hercules

Personally ...I'd start with watching episodes 1-26 of "Guyver: The Bio-Booster Armor" on youtube. Lol.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:20 PM   #337
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
Where do you guys recommend someone new to Guyver to get started on the franchise? My familiarity with Guyver only comes from the excellent Max Factory action figures back in the day, which were too expensive for me back then for a property I was unfamiliar with.

EDIT: Then again, maybe it's better that I stay in the dark so I have one fewer line of statues to collect.
I recommend the 1989 12 part Anime, it's great old school anime, the updated 2005 version is also very good, that has 26 episodes and greatly expands the story but I still think the original is best. There is also a one off OVA from 1987.

I havnt read a lot of the manga so I can't really speak to that version very well.

Here is the 1st episode from the 1989 series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjCyyoTLYMA
Old 07-09-2017, 04:15 PM   #338
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:

Read the Manga, the animes while fine aren't anywhere near accurate enough to the Manga ( the 2005 anime is much closer though ) and it's freely available online up to a point.

The original 12 part OVA while visceral and of the time, it's not really accurate to the manga, it's great don't get me wrong but if you want the full story Manga is the way to go.

To be honest there's so little Guyver stuff around i'd suggest just watch/read it all.

I mean once you've watched the out of control OVA, the 12 part OVA, the 26 ep anime series and the 2 movies ( if you dare ) that's it for anything to watch.
Old 07-10-2017, 01:19 AM   #339
Vendetta
The X-Men

Thanks, guys. The non-ultimate version of Guyver 1 is pretty tempting at $230 cheaper than the ultimate edition, especially since I don't quite know what's going on with the alternate torso; to someone not yet familiar with the source material, it kind of looks like he's showing the goods or something. It's also likely to stick around for a while, making it even more tempting if it's offered at a discount or with free shipping down the line.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 05:47 AM   #340
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Thanks, guys. The non-ultimate version of Guyver 1 is pretty tempting at $230 cheaper than the ultimate edition, especially since I don't quite know what's going on with the alternate torso; to someone not yet familiar with the source material, it kind of looks like he's showing the goods or something. It's also likely to stick around for a while, making it even more tempting if it's offered at a discount or with free shipping down the line.
If you don't know about the mega smasher I guess it does look like he is flashing a tit for the camera.

In the chest of the Guyver unit are two particle beam weapons called Mega smashers that can level a mountain, it's the suits ultimate attack, the alternate torso pose is showing he's just unleashed a blast from one side or is threatening to.