Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 08-17-2011, 03:49 PM   #351
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
I can only imagine the WTF expression on your face when you noticed it.

awesome gif!
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:28 PM   #352
FROBAY
Phoenix

]

I GOT 11 & 12.

I sent one of them back, it had damages. The other One Bobby said he would repaint for me.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:43 PM   #353
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
] The other One Bobby said he would repaint for me.
Lucky for some.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:29 PM   #354
Bobby C
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

If you would have given me the opportunity to respond to you , I could have worked something out .
it took me a while to get back to Frobay, , and no it does not have to do with internationals,(especially Irish) I did not even know where he lived.
But for certain reasons I know a paint job will not be the end of this for you Liam.
as a matter of fact if you can email me how much it is to have your bust painted, I would be more then happy to chip in on the cost.

In no way I'm trying to make you look bad at all just want to help you resolve this.
Bobby C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:40 PM   #355
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby C View Post
If you would have given me the opportunity to respond to you , I could have worked something out .
it took me a while to get back to Frobay, , and no it does not have to do with internationals,(especially Irish) I did not even know where he lived.
But for certain reasons I know a paint job will not be the end of this for you Liam.
as a matter of fact if you can email me how much it is to have your bust painted, I would be more then happy to chip in on the cost.

In no way I'm trying to make you look bad at all just want to help you resolve this.
Bobby, what I meant by 'lucky for some' was people like Frobay are lucky, because they live stateside and can transport the bust back and forth relatively easily, whereas I can't. Not to mention I have now paid my vat bill and accepted the bust because my courier had not yet started the return to sender process, and I was afraid HCG would continue to be uncooperative (as it was reaching their returns window of 15 days) and refuse to issue me a refund after this date had lapsed. Therefore I couldn't risk it going back and having no bust and no refund.

What exactly do you mean by this

Quote:
I wouldn't have requested a repaint if this would not solve the issue, as it would involve more waiting and more costs to ship it to you and then back to me again. I think this is a pretty silly comment, because obviously I expected to get a product that resembled what was advertised, so of course a paint job would be the end. What else is there?

I have only been quoted by one person from the UK (UK painters are pretty scarce) who is charging £200 ($330) exc shipping back and forth. Don't know if this is a good deal, but its my only option, so this itself shows how far I'm willing to go to get a decent paint job on what is undoubtedly a brilliant sculpt. It deserves better.

I very much appreciate your help, but I don't expect you to pay anything out of your own pocket, as I don't hold you responsible for this, and it wouldn't be right for me to take money from you.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:42 PM   #356
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

thats not a bad price for a paint job depending on the painters skills
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:47 PM   #357
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint View Post
thats not a bad price for a paint job depending on the painters skills
Well I showed him a pic of the production bust, as well as a pic of a repaint from Bobby, and he said he could do it no problem, including the awesome sweat effect.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:48 PM   #358
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

have you seen examples of his work? just dont go by what he says...

just trying to look out
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:00 PM   #359
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Thanks buddy, but yeah I've seen pics. I got his details from here, I'l link you up to his portfolio

http://s569.photobucket.com/albums/s...evil_assassin/

OK, I don't know why he's got pics of Bobbys repaint on his portfolio. I only sent them to him as reference. lol

I'll email him to enquire. I sincerely hope he's just attached them to this portfolio for easy sharing with his other clients, and not to pass off as his own work.

This just keeps on getting better and better for me. Is anything as represented anymore? LOL
Old 08-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #360
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
Thanks buddy, but yeah I've seen pics. I got his details from here, I'l link you up to his portfolio

http://s569.photobucket.com/albums/s...evil_assassin/

OK, I don't know why he's got pics of Bobbys repaint on his portfolio. I only sent them to him as reference. lol

I'll email him to enquire. I sincerely hope he's just attached them to this portfolio for easy sharing with his other clients, and not to pass off as his own work.

This just keeps on getting better and better for me. Is anything as represented anymore? LOL

LoL sorry man, I had to laugh at this.. no doubt you would be too.. all you can do at this point, else you'd go crazy
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote