Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 02-08-2014, 02:24 PM   #351
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

This one looks really nice and I love the pose.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 02:57 PM   #352
devastator
Frackin!

Looks great. Really surprising they got a new illustration for her. I wonder what this means for the remaining ladies? Would be great if later on characters like Jun and Lili can get another figure with outfits more faithful to their original design.
devastator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:44 PM   #353
llama
The Spirit

^ I would not mind seeing another Lili statue. She is my favorite Tekken character and her Bishoujo costume is almost completely unlike her original costume, even more so than the other characters. I would actually prefer a non-bishoujo statue of Lili that is true to her game design.

While Nina is not much of a surprise, I am surprised to see a different illustration from the one that was already made. The old Nina illustration was not one of my favorites due to the big gun she was holding. Perhaps someone at Koto didn't like the big gun either. I do like the existing art for Angel, Kunimitsu, and Anna. I hope that if they get to those characters, they keep the original art.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:51 PM   #354
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

The illustration is nice, but I wish they would come up with more original poses. This one reminds me too much of the second Black Widow statue.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:41 PM   #355
devastator
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama View Post
^ I would not mind seeing another Lili statue. She is my favorite Tekken character and her Bishoujo costume is almost completely unlike her original costume, even more so than the other characters. I would actually prefer a non-bishoujo statue of Lili that is true to her game design.

While Nina is not much of a surprise, I am surprised to see a different illustration from the one that was already made. The old Nina illustration was not one of my favorites due to the big gun she was holding. Perhaps someone at Koto didn't like the big gun either. I do like the existing art for Angel, Kunimitsu, and Anna. I hope that if they get to those characters, they keep the original art.
Yeah the rest of the art for the remainig ladies are all really good so hopefully Koto does stick with those. Nina's just had no skin showing so maybe they felt they had to spice it up lol.
devastator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:40 PM   #356
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post
Haha, the day is ours! Nina Williams is announced at Kotobukiya FB. Get ready for the next battle!

The best thing is that this is not a creative reimagination of the costumes this time around.

This is her default costume, unlike the other Tekken girls like Jun Kazama and Lili Rocaforth.

Her iconic costume.
Finally, about time
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:28 PM   #357
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama View Post

I would be interested in a new Lili statue as well. She is one of my favorite characters in Tekken, but I am not a fan of the recent Bishoujo.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:44 AM   #358
rockinUKleelee
Frackin!

Ohgod,
I was a huge fan of the first design and I'm afraid to say it ....
but I think I love it!
Thank you Kotobukiya
(And thank you Mr. Shunya Y for leaving her signature costume untouched instead of pulling a bathing-suit-MILF-Jun on us again)

Now speak with your wallets, people.
rockinUKleelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:08 AM   #359
demonhunter
Kingpin

I hope Kotobukiya does an alternate version of Nina as she appeared in Tekken Blood Vengeance movie. Black suit.

Behold the video that shows why Nina Williams is awesome! Voiced by Mary Elizabeth McGlynn.

Nina Williams in Tekken: Blood Vengeance. 3D Animated Movie.

http://youtu.be/A9ldiA4GX70
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:22 AM   #360
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

Great news! Would have loved her with the gun, but ok. Good to see this line continues.
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote