Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-29-2022, 02:09 PM   #3641
Mooste
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Yeah, if I'm going to go through the trouble of setting up and checking the condition of all the pieces, and the fit of all the parts, I'm going to want to do it all at once. I recently had a 3 box custom Ghost Rider that I received. It's daunting, but doable!
Is that Arthas? Why is he without his head?
Mooste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 02:49 PM   #3642
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooste View Post
Is that Arthas? Why is he without his head?
he was getting his hair done.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 03:52 PM   #3643
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Have you considered Prime 1's Big game cover art? It's 100% the Jungle hunter despite what some may try to tell you. It's an absolutely phenomenal statue! It's huge also, definitely over 1/4, but more manageable than this 1/3 for sure. The regular is a fair whack cheaper if you don't want all of the switch outs (I wanted the Guardian mask) Having this in hand almost convinced me to cancel the 1/3 as the 1/4 is plenty good enough to be a centrepiece in its own right. The fact that the 1/3 has turned out at almost proto quality is the only reason I'm planning to keep my order for it. If the 1/4 had the updated movie mask, it'd be almost perfect itself.
I never really did - I'm just not a big fan of the pose.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 06:24 PM   #3644
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Big Game Cover Art Predator is amazing. I collect 1/4 and it is really one of the best classic predators ever made in my humble opinion....

Having said that, seeing how Jungle Hunter 1/3 paint job came out, it make BGCA Pred look 'meh" in comparison.

but considering I did not want to spend $3000 on the 1/3, I'm happy with the Big Game one because I think it is the second best...
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 06:45 PM   #3645
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD18_92 View Post
After impatiently waiting and finally seeing in hand pics, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this guy through SC. Can?t believe they still have the DX Bonus available to order. Didn?t see anything about free shipping tho so I?m guessing I missed the boat there?

Also they still said they?re expecting to get this in at the end of 22 as of last night. Really looking forward to this
SC did nix the free shipping for newer orders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmdel View Post
Big Game Cover Art Predator is amazing. I collect 1/4 and it is really one of the best classic predators ever made in my humble opinion....

Having said that, seeing how Jungle Hunter 1/3 paint job came out, it make BGCA Pred look 'meh" in comparison.

but considering I did not want to spend $3000 on the 1/3, I'm happy with the Big Game one because I think it is the second best...
definitely nothing wrong with settling for that one. It's still really big, but much cheaper than this one. I am hoping this comes later than expected because I am not ready to make room for it.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 07:07 PM   #3646
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I never really did - I'm just not a big fan of the pose.
Wow 1st time I've seen someone not into the pose other than it obscuring part of the Predator.

I fully believe time will be kinder to BGCA than even this one. This one's higher price tag and high total ES will always be a factor in it's ability to go higher. Hard to recover ~4k on a single piece even with all the heads and the surcharged extra bust. Plus the appreciation this one gets will rub off on BGCA and even people with the 1:3 will want another Pred hit.

Can't wait to see someone contrast the 2 of them.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 07:19 PM   #3647
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Wow 1st time I've seen someone not into the pose other than it obscuring part of the Predator.
I've said it before. I'm not into the pose. It only works with the victim companion piece IMO, so it looks like he's coming out from behind the body. Otherwise it just looks like a good quad stretch to me
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 07:34 PM   #3648
qz33
Baron Zemo

Oh okay. Looks totally on brand for me.

Quote:
I've said it before. I'm not into the pose. It only works with the victim companion piece IMO, so it looks like he's coming out from behind the body. Otherwise it just looks like a good quad stretch to me
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 11:54 PM   #3649
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Have you considered Prime 1's Big game cover art? It's 100% the Jungle hunter despite what some may try to tell you. It's an absolutely phenomenal statue! It's huge also, definitely over 1/4, but more manageable than this 1/3 for sure. The regular is a fair whack cheaper if you don't want all of the switch outs (I wanted the Guardian mask) Having this in hand almost convinced me to cancel the 1/3 as the 1/4 is plenty good enough to be a centrepiece in its own right. The fact that the 1/3 has turned out at almost proto quality is the only reason I'm planning to keep my order for it. If the 1/4 had the updated movie mask, it'd be almost perfect itself.

This one is good but not the same level as the 1/3. The prime1 1/4 p2 city hunter is what i considered the best p2, it's really perfect in every way. We need something similar for p1. I think prime1 will make it, considering how many god damn version of optimus prime and batman they made.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 11:55 PM   #3650
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Yeah, if I'm going to go through the trouble of setting up and checking the condition of all the pieces, and the fit of all the parts, I'm going to want to do it all at once. I recently had a 3 box custom Ghost Rider that I received. It's daunting, but doable!

per the posted dimensions, the 1/3 p1 boxes will be way bigger than that...
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote